cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Dropout Issues Ignored and Ticket Questions Closed with no update.

suziandmatt
Hooked

Broadband Dropout Issues Ignored and Ticket Questions Closed with no update.

Hi,

I raised an issue on the 3rd August related to quality of service with dropouts, which are constant when it rains.  The service has been completely unusable at points over this period.

Two calls have been raised in this time for one issue (180782611, 180259557), only one of them raised by me.  The younger one has been closed with no explanation, the other has not had an update since Friday last week.  I called the helpdesk about 60 hours ago and was promised someone would get back to me.   The closed issue says I should raise the issue again if it is still an issue!

Can anyone in Plusnet look into the issue?  I joined PlusNet because I was told customer service is excellent - so far I have not seen this.

16 REPLIES 16
Marius
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Dropout Issues Ignored and Ticket Questions Closed with no update.

Hi guys,

Had the same issues and I can tell you that their customer service is awful. 

They've tried to blame me for using wireless instead of a network connection.. hello !! my iPhone and air mac doesn't have such a thing. Is 2018 we all want wireless ...

Anyway after trying and reading hundreds of posts on forums I have decided to buy a BT Home HUB 6 ( the latest one). You can get a one for around £35 (used )

That has solved the issue with the drop out however the speed is so erratic from 18 to 60Mbps so I am not sure what is wrong.

Definitely their plusnet hub is not suitable for fibre 

I wish I never changed from Sky ....

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Broadband Dropout Issues Ignored and Ticket Questions Closed with no update.

Hi @suziandmatt

Please accept our apologies for the continued issues with your broadband service.

After retesting your line, we are still identifying a potential fault which has been re-raised to our suppliers.

You can access the ticket by clicking here.

Hi @Marius

I can see from the ticket raised on your account that we have requested you test with an Ethernet cable and raise the speed results through the BT speed test.

While we appreciate your devices will not be connected by this method all the time, it is to rule out the potential of wireless interference and so that we can raise it to our suppliers, if it is in fact with our network.

Once you have performed the speed test by Internet Explorer, click further diagnostics and enter your telephone number. Once you have clicked run diagnostics, please reply to the ticket and on here so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
suziandmatt
Hooked

Hi Jubby thank you for the response. BT have left a message on my voicemail attempting to “rearrange” a visit which they hadn’t informed me of. As I didn’t answer the phone (I wasn’t available) they said they have referred the problem back to you. Can you advise please? (The problem is still there - the service was up and down yesterday while it was raining)
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @suziandmatt,

Sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. Having taken a look into the fault today it looks like you have since spoken to us regarding this and I hope that these questions have been answered, however if you have any further queries or issues, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
suziandmatt
Hooked

Hi my wife has waited in all morning between 8am and 1pm as arranged and BT has not turned up, neither have they called. Could you advise please?
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @suziandmatt,

Really sorry for the issues today. I have updated you ticket for you at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=181982450

suziandmatt
Hooked

Hi thankyou for the response. I note that the BT engineer has worked on the line, however i cannot confirm that the issue has been addressed until it rains as this is when the line is at its most unreliable.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

In that case I'd recommend monitoring it and letting us know when the issue returns

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
suziandmatt
Hooked

Hi, your support team got in touch to arrange a visit by BT for Thursday morning but unfortunately I now cannot be available.  Would it be possible to rearrange for either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Friday instead please?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @suziandmatt

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know you won't be available.

Could you update your availability via your fault  ticket here and give us a nudge when you've done so - we'll get that rebooked for you. Just bear in mind, we'll still need the AM or PM timeslot bracket as part of the update.

Best wishes,

Dave

suziandmatt
Hooked

Thankyou, I have updated the ticket.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @suziandmatt

I've updated your fault ticket with he revised date, you can use the same link as in Dave's post above to view this. 

Thanks

MoR

suziandmatt
Hooked

Hi BT visited today and were unable to complete the repair.  They will have to return to fix, and said you would be in touch.  I can be in all day Monday if you would like to arrange.  Thankyou.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @suziandmatt

Thanks for highlighting this for us.

I've spoken to our suppliers and they have confirmed that the engineer will attend tomorrow 08/08/18 between 8am-1pm, so hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted.

Best wishes,

Dave