cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Disconnections

notahappybunny

Broadband Disconnections

I've been a plusnet customer for 3 years now, the first 2 years ,speed was great ,no lagging , online gameing was good. now all i get is disconnections every half hour ,terrible speeds.on my third router now an no change. customer service is first class , but with all these priority packages things can only get worse  Cry  just been disconnected yet again , my old dial up was more reliable 12 years ago, at least you knew you would be disconnected every hour
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post split off to raise it's profile and title edited.
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Disconnections

Hi notahappybunny,
Are you currently connected to the test socket? If so, when did you plug it in there? A dropping connection will cause poor speeds as the system will try to reduce the speed in order to gain stability. If we get to the bottom of the dropping connection we'll be able to get the speed back.
Jojo Smiley
notahappybunny

thanks for such a quick reply jojo
not quite sure how to access my test socket ,is this behind my main socket ? i do know that BT have put a new socket on an tested an said it was fine. is it possible for some one to double check my router settings as my ps3 an ipod seem to be working fine.
btw .. have been on the net for years but i am a novice when it comes to anything too technical.
cheers
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

notahappybunny

thanks jim this guide looks very usefull, shall give it a go some time today
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI notahappybunny,
Once you have it in the test socket, leave it there over the weekend and we can see if your connection has remained stable.
Jojo Smiley