cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Connection Problems....Anyone?

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Broadband Connection Problems....Anyone?

Hi
Absolutely no complaints from me since joining Plusnet, but over the last couple of days, my internet connection seems to be dropping occasionally. Sometimes taking 10-15 seconds to load google.co.uk, sometimes even givin me the 'page cannot be displayed screen' for a few minuters before it starets to work again!
Anybody having same problems, any ideas what it might be?
Cheers in advacne
Mark
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Broadband Connection Problems....Anyone?

we havnt got to the bottom of it but on two days recently at about 11 in the morning the whole web went bad, not just PN, when have you had the problem?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you check from your router which DNS servers you are using.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

It has only been the last 2 days or so Pierre.
Totally forgot the username & password for router so cant get in to check DNS settings
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its probably Admin and Admin , unless you changed it
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Unfortunately i did! Sad
home99
Grafter

Hi,
I too am having issues with connection and speeds.  My DNS settings are 212.159.6.9   &  212.159.6.10.  Started approximately 4 days ago - intermittent too.
Just to add - the speedtest I carried out is showing normal but I cant even watch basic video from the likes of u tube or liveleak.
Dave
scootie
Grafter

i to seen web page loading times increasing abit over past week or so but put it down to me being on fast path on longish line and with the deep freeze we are in at mo thought it was just increase in errors.
but just swicthed from auto dns settings on router to my back up ones which are OPENdns ones and back to normal.
normaly plusnets dns servers are same as or better than opendns. something maybe needs looking at as i have seein people posting simlar things recently.