cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Connection Intermittent and Noisy Phone Line

Robbo1975

Broadband Connection Intermittent and Noisy Phone Line

Hello All

Looking for some help with my Plusnet Broadband connectivity issues. I'm using the standard Plusnet ASDL router and have noticed over the last month intermittent connectivity and noise on my phone line. I've tried the broadband speed checker and on the occasions this has worked have registered 11Mbs - obviously happy with that but everything seems to be incredibly laggy when actually using the internet. It appears to be happening over both wired and wireless connections.

I don't have any electronic equipment next to the router other than the TV and have noticed the router getting hot to the touch. 

Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband Connection Intermittent and Noisy Phone Line

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your service.

Is your phone line still noisy when your handset is plugged into the test socket?

Feel free to drop me a PM with your username and I'll be happy to check things this side for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Robbo1975

Thanks Gandalf - PM sent,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the message Robbo.

Testing your line isn't detecting any issues, so I've raised this ticket on your account with a few checks including the test socket you could try before we potentially arrange an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet