Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation

FIXED
llp88
Dabbler

Broadband Activation

My broadband activation date is tomorrow. I’ve received my router today and Openreach have text me today to tell me to plug my router in before tomorrow morning and text them READY when done. I’ve plugged my router in tonight and text READY to Openreach. My router is showing a solid blue light so I connected my phone to the WiFi network. When I connect it says that the broadband is connected but I have no internet.

Will I have to wait until tomorrow?
21 REPLIES 21
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Broadband Activation

Is this  a Full Fibre or FTTC connection?

John
llp88
Dabbler

It’s just fibre, not full fibre.
jab1
Legend

I find it strange that OpenReach are contacting you then - AFAIK, they only contact those going to FTTP. If it is FTTC, have you had any communication from Plusnet, CONFIRMING tomorrow as your activation date?

John
llp88
Dabbler

Yes, Plusnet and Openreach both text me confirming that my activation date is 24th May.
jab1
Legend

OK - in that case, you should go live tomorrow, but be aware it can take up to 23.59 for it to be fully operational, although it is usually fine well before that. If you are not operational on Saturday morning, post back for further help.

John
llp88
Dabbler

Ok. The blue light on the router just confused me!

Thank you for your help.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

My router is showing a solid blue light so I connected my phone to the WiFi network. When I connect it says that the broadband is connected but I have no internet.

Sounds like Openreach have done the physical work on the connection early, but haven't yet completed the order so your Plusnet account isn't activated. Your router is connecting using the setup credentials but cant download the account details until the account is activated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW Is this communication from OR to to the  EU a new thing - I've never had it when moving ISP?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

TBH I dont know, not something we've(SUs) been made aware of. Although this is the 2nd occurence of it that I've seen reported on here ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

OK - just wondered.

John
llp88
Dabbler

Thank you. Looks like I’ll have to be patient!

I’ve been without broadband for 10 days after my previous ISP disconnected me without warning and I’m currently only connected to a VERY poor 4g signal on my phone.
jab1
Legend

Interesting, @llp88  - did you tell your old  ISP you were moving?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

OK - just wondered.

@jab1 Likewise, since this is the 2nd one, I've asked the question.

llp88
Dabbler

Yes, I told them I was moving after they couldn’t give me a reason why they had disconnected my broadband. No one could figure out how to get me reconnected either. They told me that I would have to be set up as a new customer and they got my address wrong so I told them to cancel everything.