cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation Issues

acopland14

Broadband Activation Issues

Broadband was supposed to go live yesterday Monday 12th. I plugged in the router and it had the orange bar with a red flashing B icon. Called Plusnet yesterday morning at around 8.30am and sat on hold for the best part of 2 hours, I was told that its not always guarenteed it activates through the day and can be up to midnight. Fair enough, I used my mobile hotspot to work yesterday. Today I woke up and found myself in the same position, orange bar on router with flashing B icon, again I called up to wait on hold for just over an hour and was told there is an issue with the activation and that they could tell me no more until they knew more, but that I'd be compensated £5 something per day my broadband isn't working.

If I'm honest, the compensation isn't an issue, but what is an issue is indefinitely knowing how long it will be until I'll be able to have internet again as I WFH. Baring in mind prior to Monday, I had perfectly working internet on the same line using Sky, so I'm pretty sure there's no issue with my physical line. 

Has anyone else experienced similar? How long were you waiting until you were online? Is there anyone that can help expedite the activation or give me some insight into what the issue is with the activation itself?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Broadband Activation Issues

Did you speak to Sky to cancel your line?

acopland14

I let them know I intend to move but I would cancel with them once I was up and running with PN as I didn't want to end up in the middle with no internet at all!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If they cancelled the line then PN would not be able to place an order until that first order was complete.

acopland14

Definitely did not cancel my services with Sky prior to PN applying to take over the line.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Problem there; once you tell SKY you want to move, they have a tendency to start closing your account , even if they say they won't.

John