cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband - 6 weeks and still not working

dianecartlidge

Broadband - 6 weeks and still not working

Well week six and six hours on phone calls. Paid installation fee and now apparently paying for a service which customer services say I have and “am I putting in the correct password” and yet technical say I have no service. However if Open Reach find something wrong I have to pay them!!!!! A service which has never started !! Oh and if Open Reach say they have not completed the order, I am snookered. PLEASE give me strength to deal with this. I cannot bear to call them again to listen to the same loop of music for an hour before they answer. After five weeks my phone is connected but I need broadband urgently as I am a vulnerable adult. HELP. I want my money back.
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband - 6 weeks and still not working

@dianecartlidge Welcome to the forums.

If you have 'no service', I assume you must be using 3G/4G to make this post? What lights do you have on the router, and what are they doing?

You only have to pay the engineer call-out charge if the fault is found to be your side of the BT test socket.

Why do technical say you have no service - they should have given you a reason.

If BT/OR say they have not completed the order, then Plusnet need to contact them to find out why, and push for completion.

John
dianecartlidge

Yes I am using my mobile phone to make posts and broadband at my relatives house two doors down. On my router I have a solid light to say it’s on and the WiFi and broadband just keeps flashing. Been like that for weeks. Open Reach have been out a few times and I stayed in all day, however did not turn up. An engineer turned up on the 8th July and said he was not allowed to climb to check out the connection on my banks end. I live in a bungalow with a flat roof. However he said that the connection tested positive to the outside and exchange. He did get the phone working but said the broadband was not working and to contact Plusnet. I am now in a circle.
jab1
Legend

So all the lights on your router are lit - none of which are red ?

Your broadband light should be solid - the only flashing ones should be the 'Internet' and 'Wireless' ones.

Have you tried turning the routers power off for a few minutes and then restarting it? - only do this a maximum of twice a day with a big gap between them in daylight hours.

If the engineer confirmed a connection to the outside, did he check your master socket was OK - he should have, unless for some reason he did not enter your house.

John
dianecartlidge

Hi no red lights. Power solid light. WiFi solid light. Broadband flashing yellow and no light for internet.
Open Reach put the Master Socket in and the phone us working. With Plusnet Technical tried switching off and on again but no difference.
They are now saying that the wire to the phone which is ok for the phone is not ok for broadband. However my dad two doors down has the same wire and his broadband works.
jab1
Legend

OK - last reply for now as I have to do something else, but I will be back later.

Which type of Master Socket have you got? - I'm assuming if this was a new install that you have an Openreach 5C socket with a Mk.4 faceplate? I which case the phone is plugged into the right-hand socket and the router into the left-hand.

I don't understand the comment about the wiring - they are two completely separate wires, with totally different connectors.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@jab1 I think that probably means someone's said the telephone line isn't good enough for broadband!

@dianecartlidge  have you ordered normal (ADSL) broadband or Fibre ? I'm guessing normal since this post is in the ADSL board.

What does this https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL say for the speed estimates for your phone number ?

If you post the complete results , then redact your phone number as this is a public forum

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dianecartlidge

Yes is a socket as you mentioned. According to Open Reach today they have tested everything and Plusnet have not synchronised they Broadband to my house. They have referred me to Plusnet again. There maybe a slowing of get broadband with the wire in the house but Open Reach need Broadband switching into to check this out. Not impressed with Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

According to Open Reach today they have tested everything and Plusnet have not synchronised they Broadband to my house. They have referred me to Plusnet again. There maybe a slowing of get broadband with the wire in the house but Open Reach need Broadband switching into to check this out.

I'm sorry but that is complete rubbish!. Openreach are responsible for connecting your line to broadband at the exchange. Providing PlusNet have placed the order, then it's Openreach that need to connect the broadband.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW wrote:

@jab1 I think that probably means someone's said the telephone line isn't good enough for broadband!

Thinking about it, @MisterW , you are probably correct, but it wasn't the way I read it initially.😀

John
jab1
Legend

@MisterW The OP has previously said the OR engineer got a connection to the exchange and outside (post #3)

John
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @dianecartlidge

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the issues you have experienced with your broadband.

I called you to discuss the Openreach findings and I have posted my update here.

I'll be in touch again as promised and will ensure this is resolved for you.

In case of query you can contact me via the ticket or here on the forum.

Thanks - LF