cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broad band fault issue

unhappy1234

Broad band fault issue

I had almost the same issues. When I finally did get connected the service provided has been dreadful. I have never had the guaranteed minimum line speed and the line drops out every day sometimes up to 5 times! I am truly sorry I signed up with service (or lack of ) provider as they are slow to react and seem unable or incapable of fixing this problem.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title after several posts split to their own thread.

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broad band issue

Welcome to the forum. Whilst Plusnet can be slow to react they can't always fix the problem. In the majority of cases they are reliant on other parts of the BT empire over which they have no control to effect the fix

Hopefully this will now be picked up by a Plusnet staffer and hopefully progressed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that @unhappy1234

Our tests are showing a line fault "Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report" so I've reported this through to our suppliers now and we'll update you when we know more. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
unhappy1234

I have to disagree. After protracted discussions with Plusnet and testing on my part, an Openreach engineer was asked to visit my property - he arrived the day after!! He identified a problem, fixed and left. Physically there does not appear to be a problem yet the line continues to drop out and the line speed is below that guaranteed. This would suggest that the Plusnet infrastructure cannot cope.

Plusnet has not contacted me since the engineers visit as they promised and my online questions have not been answered. I  can only surmise that Plusnet is understaffed, overworked, undertrained and under-resourced. This is NOT my problem. If they cannot provide what they have promised they should admit it and give me a refund.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

No one has suggested that anything is your responsibility, neither should it be assumed that the engineer who came out was right. You seem to assume that Plusnet are the villains regardless of evidence pointing towards a BT infrastructure problem.

I accept that there has been communications issues in the past but you will find that posts relating to problems such as this will receive a response from an experienced Plusnet staffer here.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Broad band fault issue

Moderator's note:

Several posts moved to a new thread and title changed slightly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Broad band fault issue

Hello @unhappy1234,

Thanks for your patience while we have been looking into this for you. We would need to progress your fault to an engineer appointment. Please can you update the ticket here, and get back to us here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mscot

Hi Gandalf

Hope you can help with ticket no. 183825183 if you can access the details.

I'm 80 years old and need broadband. It's been down over a week now. My son ran all the tests. I've tried calling and also reporting it online and online chat but no have had no explanation or update on what's being done to fix this.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @mscot,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in resolving your broadband issue.

I have updated the fault ticket on your account with regards to booking an engineers visit as there is no signal between the router and exchange. You can reply to the ticket here.

Once you have replied to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
mscot

Thank you Jubby. I’ve replied to the ticket on the website from the link in your message.
Hopefully an engineer can visit ASAP in one of the 3 slots I’ve suggested.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @mscot

I have booked the appointment for you, and updated your ticket here.