cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge cases raised several times

rossingram1980

Bridge cases raised several times

Helppp!!! Moved house over a month ago and were meant to be connected on the 26th of nov, active line but no internet we just keep being told our orders stuck in a loop and further bridge case raised, next update is friday and i know it wont be solved then either
10 REPLIES 10
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Bridge cases raised several times

Hi Ross,

Today, we have raised this further with our suppliers. The order seems to be looping in their systems before eventually getting stuck.

When placing an order, there's several systems that interact with each other and the actions of one can affect the behaviour of another. When the records are incorrect on one (or more) of these systems, a "bridge case" is raised to get the records corrected.

Really sorry for the length of time it's taking to get you online, but we are due an update on Friday.

Hope this at least clarifies the issue further.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rossingram1980

Ok so bridge case is still looping. Having raised several cases and high escalation this is still happening. Why?Huh
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@rossingram1980,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Sadly the blunt answer to your question is because BT Openreach's systems and data bases are 'wee-wee poor' (avoids censorship) and not overly responsive on fixing the issues promptly. Understandably PlusNET get the blame for this, yet they never complain to Ofcom about the poor service they get from the rest of the BT group.

@PlusnetLiam - such situations seem to be a frequent occurrence (there are other current reports of protracted bridge cases) - is this another hot spot worthy of focus to eliminate the necessity to seek support?

#BTORdatabases

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yes, it's the OpenReach systems that cause the initial problem, but it does appear that Plusnet take the same corrective action (raising a bridge case) repeatedly and then wonder when it fails the same way as previous attempts.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rossingram1980

Just rang to try and cancel as im paying for a service im not receiving. Was informed i have to pay £170 to cancel a contract that im not getting? Isnt that a breach of contract on their behalf?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Under the T&Cs you have to give PlusNET a reasonable chance to resolve the issues.

Guven that th issue appears to be within BT Openreach's Wholesale's systems, moving to a different ISP is not going to get around the issues blocking progress here.

Personally I would sit tight, as charging does not start until service is provided.

Edit: @ejs - yes detailed semantics are important ... though it is still outside of PlusNET and would still be the same for any other ISP seeking to provide service on this line.  Frankly Openreach or Wholesale - it's a common problem - BT divisions who don't give a monkey's stuff about end users, still operating as though they are a nationalised monopoly and untouchable ... oh, yes, they are aren't they? Ticked_off

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@rossingram1980 - I see that you've received an updated from us today, and it's not great news as the review date has been pushed back. Our suppliers are still working on the case for you.

I can also see we've given you a few months free service for the eventuality that you're up and running, though I'm sure you'd prefer that the service was working now. Apologies that the issues are still ongoing.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

ADSL broadband is actually operated by BTWholesale rather than Openreach, just in case people want to be sure they're criticising the correct entity.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see the this has taken while to deal with but I'm pleased to see from today's update that the bridge case has been cleared and an appointment has been arranged for the 18th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

The 18th!!! Surely, after taking so long to fix an error in their systems, your 'suppliers' should be offering an expedited install