cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breach of Contract

shelleycheung29

Breach of Contract

My service was due to start on 4th August and is still not up and running despite my constant pursuing of your customer service team.. As far as they are concerned the problem is not with you and therefore not for you to solve.  As this is now the 12th day without broadband, resulting in loss of earning and increased data costs for my mobile network I am intending to cancel unless this is resolved today. I expect a full refund for the payment already made for NO service provided and i will cancel the direct debit.

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Breach of Contract

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing delays with your orders.

@shelleycheung29 wrote:

As far as they are concerned the problem is not with you and therefore not for you to solve.

I can assure you that this is not the case. Looking at your account, I can see we are doing all we can to get this matter resolved as soon as possible for you and have been contacting our suppliers for a resolution on this matter. Unfortunately there is little further we can do at this stage other than chase our suppliers for updates on resolving this matter.

@shelleycheung29 wrote:

I expect a full refund for the payment already made for NO service provided and i will cancel the direct debit.

Although I do appreciate your frustrations, cancelling the direct debit instruction will not help matters. It would simply result in delaying a refund if you did cancel, as we wouldn't be able to send the refund via the direct debit instruction and would instead have to arrange for a cheque to be sent.

If you are wanting to cancel due to the delays with your orders, it would be best to contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 or via chat on our website as Gel has said.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shelleycheung29

So can you tell me then exactly what the issue is, rather than just 'it's an issue with our suppliers'? What exactly is the problem?  And what exactly are they doing to fix it?  That might make the whole process less frustrating than chasing you every day for an update, being promised date after date for it to be fixed and still getting nowhere.  Thank you

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The exact issue is that there is an exception on the phone order which is preventing an activity from completing. Unfortunately this open exception on the phone order is also preventing the broadband order from completing as the broadband order cannot complete until the phone order has been fully closed off as complete.

A bridge case has been raised to clear the exception in order to progress the order and close it off as complete. Unfortunately this is something we have little control over and is in the hands of our suppliers to work through to a resolution.

Initially on the expected completion date of 04/08/16, we were advised to wait 24-48 hours for the order to progress to a complete state, as our suppliers believed the delay would resolve itself.

We then called our suppliers on the 8th and a bridge case was raised as the order had not progressed as we had hoped. At this stage, our suppliers advised us to check back on the 12th for further updates.

On the 12th, we called our suppliers again, as we had received no further updates or information regarding progress on the bridge case, therefore we escalated the matter and a new bridge case was raised and we were advised to allow up until the end of the day on the 15th for updates/progress.

As we have still received no updates or information from our suppliers today. I have been on the phone for around 30 minutes to discuss this matter further with our suppliers and try to get further updates/progress out of them.

Having escalated the call from an advisor to a manager, I have been advised that they will personally be chasing this up as they couldn't get through to the person they needed to speak to while I was on the phone and I have been asked that we check back tomorrow for further updates.

I hope this clears things up, this is the exact issue as far as I see it from the expected order completion date to now.

Again I do apologise for the ongoing delays. However I can assure you that we are doing all we can to progress this matter and resolve the issue for you.

Exception:
These are system related issues that stop an order from progressing.
These matters are resolved by contacting the suppliers for further information. If a bridge case fix is required, the suppliers will raise this or advise which department must be contacted.

Bridge Case:
These are raised to both BT Openreach and BT Wholesale to resolve system related problems with orders.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet