cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Braodband Speed Down To 0.2 MB/S - PN Have Still To Contact Me

lucygooner

Braodband Speed Down To 0.2 MB/S - PN Have Still To Contact Me

Matt,
After posting the message below (and receiving the assurance from you that the matter would be attended to), my broadband is even slower than before. I have yet to receive any further response from you, or anyone else at PlusNet.
I have tried to phone you twice. The wait time is 40 minutes plus.
The thing that drives customers up the wall is being kept in the dark.
If you cannot fix my connection soon, confirm as much, and I will go elsewhere. I will, of course, expect a full refund of this month's charges, plus the connection costs.
I am copying this message to the people at Good Housekeeping.

Lucy

A week or so ago my wireless broadband speed dropped to less than 0.5 MB/s.
I performed all of the checks. To no avail.
I contacted PlusNet, via the Ask Jess facility, on 1 August. I was assured that the response team would contact me on the issue. I contacted them again the following day. And again.
Six days later, I have yet to receive a response of any description. The only thing that has happened is that my Ask Jess request trail has disappeared!
This sort of customer service is the reason I did not renew my Virgin Media subscription.
A lot of people on this forum seem to be experiencing the same issues. If it is 'your' problem (congestion, etc) can you please own up to same and not waste out time.
If I don't receive a response within 24 hours I will cancel my PlusNet subscription. God knows who else I can go with. They all seem as bad as each other. Determined to employ the IT expedient of 'say nothing until they start to holler; then, blame the client.'   

Cruise85
Plusnet Staff
View Profile

« Reply #1 on 07/08/2014, 11:24 »

Hi Lucy
Let me first of all offer my sincerest apologies that the fault had not yet been picked up by our support team.
I can confirm that I have now raised this to BT openreach, as we can clearly see a speed fault on your line.
I will update the open ticket with any information over the next couple of days, and hopefully we will be able to get this resolved swiftly for you.
Again, I am sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused
regards
Matt ^MC

Matt Cruise
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist

lucygooner

View Profile

« Reply #2 on 07/08/2014, 11:42 »

Thanks, Matt.
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Braodband Speed Down To 0.2 MB/S - PN Have Still To Contact Me

Hi Lucy,
I see you've tried to keep some continuity here by copying the information from your previous thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130247.html ; Well done for that.
Unlike the way the ticket system works, there's nothing wrong with continuing to post in the same thread here on the forum, it won't delay any responses you may get.
You've obviously experienced poor service so far which is not a good thing when you've just joined. A lot of the Plusnet staff do care about how good the service is, it's not as the impression you may have gained so far. Plusnet have IMHO dug a hole for themselves. Too many new customers in too short a timescale and bloody awful backup from BT Openreach when line problem's have to be dealt with. That said they have had an awful lot of extra problems as a result of the severe weather.
Anyway I'll post this and just ask if you've had any further update at this point and then maybe see if I can give you any help that may expedite things with Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Lucy,
Sorry for the wait in getting your speeds back to normal and the delay with any response to yourself.
I've taken a look over your line and have made some adjustments and you should now hopefully see that your speeds are now at 17Mb/s.
I hope this helps.
flexo1966
Grafter

Hi Lucy
I will quote a piece from one of plusnet's last posts and then what I have found in the internet.
UPDATE
Hi Lucy, I've just noticed that your RADIUS logs have an interesting theme which could well have led to your speed problems. It looks like you may be turning your router off at set times in the day for long periods. Unfortunately this has been picked up by the exchange equipment as a possible fault which has lead to you being banded at the speed you're seeing.
The router is designed to be left turned on and connected at all times so this is why there has been a problem with this being turned off. Could you possibly leave this turned on and connected moving forward and we can take a look at getting the banding removed to bring the speeds up for you.
This is taken from        http://www.avforums.com/threads/does-leaving-modem-on-make-internet-connection-faster.1379067/
Gordon115

Had this reply from my isp
Thank you for your query. What they have said is correct in the sense that every time u disconnect your router the telephone exchange measures this as a disconnection. When it notices a certain amount of disconnections in a certain period of time it will limit the speed as it will think there is an intermittent fault that needs slowing down. Routers are designed to be left on all of the time so I would suggest to do this to ensure maximum stability and speed.
Thanks everyone

Beerhunter
However what they did not tell you was what the parameters are for: "a certain amount of disconnections in a certain period of time". For example in the Case of BT's ADSL Max, it is ten times in an hour. Just switching off from time to time or overnight for example, will have no effect whatsoever.
It really is bad enough having to correct "The Man in the Pub" now the ISPs are promulgating rubbish too.

You make your own choice but mine is turned of every night and as such has no effect on my speed.
Steve

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Ah, well done Chris. Good stuff.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
made some adjustments and you should now hopefully see that your speeds are now at 17Mb/s.
Do tell........  Wink