cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light on router no connection...

Clarebear1

Blue light on router no connection...

I have had an issue for a while now with a solid blue light showing on router but not being able to connect any devices to WiFi. This happens several times a day. We have to press restart button on router to get going again. Had engineer out and he said we needed a new router. The new one hasn’t helped, same issue happening again! Fed up paying money every month for a rubbish service. Tied into this until end of contract which can’t come soon enough. If anyone can suggest a solution please?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Blue light on router no connection...

@Clarebear1  Welcome to the forum. 

Assuming that you can still use the Ethernet connection.

The official answer will probably point you here. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510

The unofficial answer is to go onto an auction site and buy a BT Smarthub 6 for about £20  Setting instructions are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Clarebear1

@Baldrick1 Thank you for that. Would this connection issue affect the router connecting to sky box aswell as phones etc? Our sky loses connection to wifi also. I’m not very technical unfortunately
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Clarebear1 

There are various things that can cause your problem. The first question is whether you have any devices connected by Ethernet? If so, do these drop as well? This will confirm whether this is just a wireless problem or whether you are losing connection to the Plusnet servers. Can you check this by temporarily connecting s device by Ethernet cable if necessary?

You will always get better performance with Ethernet cabling, which I know you can't do with many devices. The Hub One currently has wireless problems that Plusnet have been trying to fix now for over a year. Hence many of us have given up on the Hub One and got a BT Smarthub.

Can this wireless issue affect all your wireless devices? Yes. Is this the cause of all your issues? It's difficult to know unless you follow one or other of the paths suggested above and report back..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Clarebear1

@Baldrick1 no I don’t have anything connected by Ethernet cable. I will look into picking up a BT hub if I can and see if that helps. Appreciate the help. Thanks. Plusnet have been pretty useless.