cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block IP address with TG582N

ruggy

Block IP address with TG582N

Hi,
I need to block a specific IP address for a work related issue.
I've tried adding a new chain via the web interface. I've also tried adding it via telnet using the firewall level add command. Then selected it as the configuration to use.
I've added an expression via telnet like this: expr add name=blocktest type=ip addr=xx.xx.xx.xx I also tried adding an expr for xx.xx.xx.xx/16 and then on the web interface I've tried adding it to the configuration.
I also tried adding it via telnet doing this: firewall rule add chain=forward_level_TEST2 index=0 srcintf=wan srcip=blocktest state=1 action=drop I've also tried passing the actual IP to srcip instead of the name of the expr but still no luck.
I also tried adding the firewall rules before and after the 'FromLAN' rule but it didn't make any difference.
When I ping the IP I still get a response. Is it possible to block an IP using this router? If so, how?

Thanks,
Ruggy.

2 REPLIES 2
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Block IP address with TG582N

Try a rule dropping packets from LAN to the WAN IP address.
Unsolicited packets from WAN are dropped by default so you don't need a rule in that direction.
ruggy

Re: Block IP address with TG582N

You're right, I'm thinking about it the wrong way round. I added a rule for Source=Any Ip=Any Dest=Any IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and it shows destination unreachable when I ping it.
Thankyou!