Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit slow today..

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Bit slow today..

Bit slow today..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Bit slow today..

been a bit sea sawing tonight
Today 22:28  6513 kbps (814kB/s)  373 kbps (46.6kB/s)  Share
Today 19:06 4771 kbps (596kB/s) 325 kbps (40.6kB/s) Share
Today 16:23 2666 kbps (333kB/s) 369 kbps (46.1kB/s) Share
Today 09:17 6519 kbps (815kB/s) 363 kbps (45.4kB/s) Share
Today 09:15 6616 kbps (827kB/s) 368 kbps (46kB/s)
chesterfield
Grafter

Yep - speedtests for me are showing absolute garbage compared to normal.
Just another day in the life of a pn customer on a network that isnt up to scratch, has been under capacity for weeks and trying with ever decreasing levels of success to find the uncrowded gateway...
Simple question - are you EVER going to fix the network?  no bull, just an honest answer - when will we see it performing as it should?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Seems OK for me on pte-ag1:

Yes, we *are* going to 'fix' the network and have already invested a lot of time and money in doing so. The work we did last Thursday was a large step towards this, however it was only across one of the two sites the DNS platform resides at. We want to do the same work at the second site but we had a problem with DNS on Sunday that we need to understand before the same changes are made elsewhere.
pcl-ag02 is still not yet back in full service either. There's little point in throwing capacity at the platform without first fixing some of the other areas of contention/packet loss on the network. Whilst on the topic of capacity though, we have got multiple 622Mbps centrals currently on order.
I recognise that it's taking time for things to return to normal, but we are doing all we can.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chesterfield
Grafter

What a surprise - "we are going to fix it" - never heard that before.  Itsbeen going on for months now, absolutely months, and we still get tohear "we are working on it".  Its back to the days of squuezing as many customers onto as little capacity as possible and everyone at PN knows it.  As Ive said elsewhere, I wouldnt be surprised to see absolutely NO further investment in the network until after the end of the fiscal year.
finfountain
Dabbler

Quote from: okrzynska
Bit slow today..
bit slower tonight
7up
Community Veteran

Still bad today.
@Bob, of course yours will be alright. You're a PN bigwig. No doubt you've got a special super package for you and your selected friends.
Can we please have this 'unlimited' that we've subscribed to? Might have to consider my options otherwise as we've upgraded to unlimited only to find we're pretty severely limited.
EDIT: I've just realised that skype is disconnecting on http requests. Get a grip PN.
Mand
Grafter

@finfountain, I've replied to your posts elsewhere, it looks like there's a fault outside of our network.
@okrzynska, we don't have any 'bigwig' packages, our connections are standard ADSL connections.
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mand
@okrzynska, we don't have any 'bigwig' packages, our connections are standard ADSL connections.

So you say. You also said that unlimited is unlimited and that my awful connection problems from our previous package would be banished into the depths of cyberspace. None of that is true so I fail to see why I should believe anything from anyone at this ISP.
I've given up on Skype. It can not be used on this service. The SO's Reli's have no problems with using it for video calls.
You guys are really starting to wind me up... but not in the usual way.. now I'm starting to think instead...