cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing and obtaining a mac question

intravone
Dabbler

Billing and obtaining a mac question

I was wondering if its possible to transfer billing to someone else at the same address? do I need to call support or can it be done via the members centre. 
Also can I request a mac code on a specific date in a few weeks time, or do I need to wait till that date to request a mac?...
Undecided whether to keep plusnet or move on to another provider.  Currently the person who is billed does not want to pay any more.
4 REPLIES 4
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Billing and obtaining a mac question

The MAC is valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
Therefore if you're looking to move, factor in your 30 day notice period and request it just before your reach your next billing date to keep the periods in sync.
Simply requesting a MAC will not cancel your service - this has to be done separately.
prichardson
Grafter

Technically we cannot transfer the contract between parties.
Why? Well, whilst we could potentially do this, there is a high probability your service would stop in a few weeks time without us being able to do anything about this.
This will be the result of a possible change in the contract between you and your voice supplier.
Such a change results in a new contract which includes the removal and commencement of all services on the line, including Broadband.
intravone
Dabbler

ok, so it seems I need to request my mac.  Can support answer my second question about whether I request a mac code on a specific date in advance? e.g. a day before my billing, which will be 2 weeks or so away.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You need to request it at the time you want it as PN cannot generate a MAC in the future.
However... a MAC is valid for 30 days from the date it is issued so if you are planning to move on the date in the future you are talking about, you can still request it now and it will be valid for the new ISP on the date in question. Also some ISPs will allow you to specify the date of the migration so you could use your MAC code now but migrate on a future date (within the MAC valid period).