cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Question

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Billing Question

i have just checked my bank account and the 1st months payment has come out for my broadband connection.
its come out via DD, i thought the 1st payment was taken by card (quicker to get me connected) then future payments were taken by DD? it doesnt matter, just wondered. do i still leave my card registered at plusnet?
i signed up using the "get out of pipex" free card, i mean link. how/when will the 1st month be refunded, or do i get month 2 free?
finally, i have also signed up for a phone package. once that goes live do i pay seperately on different dates or does the 1 DD get amended and i pay all in one?
thank you.
17 REPLIES 17
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

Re: Billing Question

anyone?
thank you.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'll nudge a comms agent just to make sure they see this Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Ordinarily if you submit card details the payment is taken as soon as BT Wholesale accept the order and confirm an activation date.
In your case the order was submitted manually as there was a problem, and the payment request wasn't submitted until our Provisioning Team activated the account.
By this time your Direct Debit instruction had been activated and so the request was issued by DD (DD will always take precedence over any submitted card details when the DD is active).
Regarding the free month, you need to claim it via this Help Assistant link, as per the offer details here.
Hope that clears things up for you, and welcome to PlusNet. Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: monkeyexpressPF

finally, i have also signed up for a phone package. once that goes live do i pay seperately on different dates or does the 1 DD get amended and i pay all in one?
thank you.

As I understand it ( my phone package goes live tomorrow) one only makes one DD payment per month to cover both services.
I'm anticipating a part payment to cover from tomorrow until actual monthly billing date.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Hope this will help
a copy of my transaction, I started with ADSL, then soon after added Phone, two separate payment, then you will see that some of the payments are not standard, this is when I whent over the free call limit, or made 0845 or mobile calls, all show on the credit section,  recently the costs have dropped.
greyposter
Grafter

So when my phone becomes active,I'll have seperate bills and payment days ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

only the initial payment
greyposter
Grafter

Cheers for the update.
Mand
Grafter

Sorry, missed the phone question when I first read this.
When Home Phone is first activated we will take a pro-rata payment to take you to your next billing date.
After this you will be billed by DD on a single bill each month, on your usual broadband billing date.
Hope that helps.
greyposter
Grafter

Thank s for the update.
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

as usual, fantastic info. thanks everyone.  Smiley
monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

hello again.
things running well here but i do have 2 questions.
1. could someone respond to ticket 24239637. this has remained unanswered since my request on the 21st February.  Shocked
2. BT informed me that the transfer of my phone line would be made on the 29th Feb, and the last contact i had from Plusnet was that they took over from the 3rd March. whats actually happening as my Plusnet phone is still showing as "unconfigured", who have i been using since the 29th Feb?
thanks again.
paulby
Grafter

If PN took over your line on the 3rd then the info on the Portal showing as "unconfigured" will update tomorrow sometime - PN get confirmation from BT the day after the line is shifted. 
I would guess that you were using BT up until the 3rd and PN from then on. 
The same sort of thing happenend when my uncle moved over - the letter from BT saying "sorry you're leaving etc..." had a date for the transfer of the Friday before the move and PN had given him a date of the Monday.  He moved on the Monday and the portal updated on the Tuesday. His final BT bill included calls up to the Monday morning.
James
Grafter

Yes - I'm fairly certain that BT use the last working day as the date of which you service with them ends.