cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed 21 days too early

scipio1st
Grafter

Billed 21 days too early

I am confused with a bill I have just received (nothing new there!). Apparently you are billing me today for something that should be billed on the 25th. And in fact it cannot be the last bill because that has been already payed. My question is, has my bill date changed due to my change in subscription? If so, how will my paid days work? Am I losing days because of the change in billing date?
I sent a ticket but have not received a reply in hours and this kind of thing should notify me before hand; as in tell me if my bill date will change. If you have already mentioned it with email then I apologise Wink
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Billed 21 days too early

Hi there,
I've taken a look at your account and from what I can tell, the problem's been caused by a downgrade of account to a cheaper package back in June. Downgrades should happen at the end of a billing period but it appears that on this occasion it wasn't (that's our fault by the looks of things). If you downgrade an account to a cheaper package mid billing period then the ADSL invoice date is moved forward to accommodate for this. Despite this the Home Phone invoicing period remains the same.
When you were billed on the 25th you weren't actually charged for your broadband, you were only charged for your Home Phone.
The bill you've just received is for your broadband. It also includes the cost for calls made since the July bill.
It's broken down as follows:
25th July
* Call charge for the period to 25/07/2008
* Home Phone Evenings & Weekends charge for the period 25/07/2008 to 24/08/2008
4th August
* Broadband Subscription (04-08-2008 to 03-09-2008)
* Call charge for the period to 04/08/2008
* Home Phone Evenings & Weekends charge for the period 04/08/2008 to 03/09/2008
What I have done is move your next invoice date to the 25th August and apply a refund for the period of time you've been duplicate billed for (£14.99).
Hope that makes things a little clearer.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scipio1st
Grafter

When you were billed on the 25th you weren't actually charged for your broadband, you were only charged for your Home Phone.

So you are telling me my phone bill was £45?  Sad Anyone with a connection to your website can clearly see that you are advertising it for £9.99. And I was bought for the fact that it only costs £9.99. Really this needs refunding or show me what £35 was spent on. We hardly EVER use the phone. One member of our house used the phone and spent roughly £15, but that leaves £20 for for who to use?
I really hope you mistyped your previous post.
*disappointed*
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I didn't mistype I'm afraid.
Details about our phone packages can be seen here. Your calls are only free on evenings and weekends. Outside of that they're charged for.
I'd suggest you take a look at your itemised billing for the month in question. You can see that here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scipio1st
Grafter

Found the problem. Beat the issue up  Crazy
So to clear up any confusion: You will change the bill back to the 25th and refund the 4th bill? So that includes the full £28.94 and NOT just the £14.99.