cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bittorrent problems

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Big Bittorrent problems

What happens if you try it when booted into safe mode with networking (needs to be safe mode with networking, safe mode on its own is useless). And use the router, not a usb modem when in safe mode. It'll help eliminate software issues.
Long shot I know but, everything is worth a go.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Yep PJ you're right, but I think he's tried the private IPs also and still can't get anything.
I think wires are just getting crossed with the private and public IPs for the OP, but they have tried the computers IP that he is connected to and having the problems on.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Don't stare out the window, the answer isn't out there! Tongue
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Good luck. I will be wanting out too soon. I tried usenet to get a new Linux beta ISO file and plusnet are throtting. Looks like bye bye from me too...
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I think it's all those kiddies that have got home from school, been fed and have an urgent desire to do their homework. But, inexplicably they need to check out youtube, myspace, video this and that on msn, facebook and other things I know nothing about.
(I'm only a parent, so these teenagers baffle me).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

samuria
Grafter

Reading the post its not clear whats happening it seems you are trying to port forward to your internet static ip which you dont do.
You have a static ip on the internet 212 etc and normally the router uses NAT so the ip of your pc is 192 etc (you need to set it to a static ip as DHCP wont work)
You need to forward the ports to your pcs ip which will be 192 etc.
It sound as if you are trying to forward the port to the internet ip.
It should be very simple to just forward the ports reboot the router and it should work.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

labortius,
Here are a couple of screen prints which could be useful:-
From the SERVICES menu add a new service (I've called it AZUREUS) and define a (range) of ports for the service (see screenshot-1).
Then go to FIREWALL and specify a rule to allow this port to have access (I was unsure about the INBOUND/OUTBOUND thing so I was generous) - 192.168.0.5 is the PC which will have the bit torrent access - see scrennshot-2.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."