cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware anyone currently with a BT line on Plusnet Extra no phone wanting to upgrade to Unlimited

redulike
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Beware anyone currently with a BT line on Plusnet Extra no phone wanting to upgrade to Unlimited

I've just been speaking to customer services.  My 60GByte limit with 'Extra' is not enough for me now so I wanted to change it to Unlimited but still with no phone (since I'm partway through a Line Rental Saver with BT).  Plusnet say this is not possible.  She says 'Changing it to Unlimited needs a new contract, new contacts don't have a 'no phone option, no exceptions' .  So I'm stuck, and very unhappy. 

What you should take away from this, if you have a BT line and are on a capped ADSL contract with Plusnet, is that  when you want to move to an uncapped contract you are going to have to move your line to Plusnet.  Being a previous happy customer since 2006 doesn't count.

Red

6 REPLIES 6
CaseSensitive
Dabbler

Re: Beware anyone currently with a BT line on Plusnet Extra no phone wanting to upgrade to Unlimited

How did you contact Customer Services? I have been trying for 13 days...

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Beware anyone currently with a BT line on Plusnet Extra no phone wanting to upgrade to Unlimited

@redulike 

This has been the policy for many months now.

Plusnet no longer offer broadband only contracts. Upgrading your service requires a new contract, so there you have it.

If you have a legacy broadband only contract then you can continue with it but to be honest it’s lousy value for money. You will probably find that it’s cheaper to keep the two together on either Plusnet or BT. It also removes a lot of potential hassle if you have a fault and it’s not clear whether the fault is with the telephone or broadband service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I thought PlusNet had suspended additional usage charges on all Limited usage accounts during the current situation. Effectively turning them into unlimited accounts for the time being.

Although I cant seem to find the statement at the moment...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@MisterW 

I believe it was part of the first Covid-19 blog but disappeared when the latest version came out. It is referred to in this post  https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/High-data-usage-but-nothing-connected/m-p/1722437#M3362...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Baldrick1 I didnt dream it up then!. That's where I went looking for it and was surprised I couldnt find it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Plusnet no longer offer broadband only contracts. Upgrading your service requires a new contract, so there you have it.

I always thought that was a shame because (in better times) plusnet was all about supplying reliable good value broadband.

I still have my broadband only connection and there's (hopefully) no reason yet for me to change. But who knows what will happen when BT start turning the screws.