Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Homeplug?

joecool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Best Homeplug?

Hi 'am after some homeplugs 200 mbps & I can't decide weather to go with 'Solwise' or Devolo' ? Difference being 'Develo' work out at about £39 more for the amount of plugs I require & come with a 3 yr warranty.
They both are basically the same, just wondered if anyone a had any experiences with either, or would recommend something else?
Thx
5 REPLIES 5
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Best Homeplug?

Hi,
I recently got the "7dayshop 200Mbps Mini HomePlugs", been good for me so far with a floor's distance between them in an old house. Main reason i got them is cause i live in an old house where the plug sockets are touching the skirting board, so had to have one that can rotate so it can be puched fully into the socket.
Get the odd fluctuation (one evening) which knocked me off xbox live, but haven't determined what caused that yet (could have been someone on the phone, but has been used again with no issues, most chargers and other items disconnected in the house).
Only had them a week, but other than the one evening, been working well the other times. From speed tests have been a bit faster than the wireless G adapter i used before (13mbps vs 10mbps).
Hope this helps.
joecool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cheers...........................
JohnGalloway
Grafter

hi joe
i got a pair of these:
Solwise NET-PL-200AV-PIGGY (200Mbps) - so they include an ordinary plug socket as well as the ethernet connection.
no problems at all.  run one from the router to the wall-socket upstairs and then another to the pc attached to the TV downstairs.
they're also great for moving stuff around.
i believe there's now a 500 Mbps version now ... and a 1Gbps, although that doesn't have the plug socket. remember that they are supposed to plug directly into a wall-socket, not a power-strip or the like.
john
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Presumably you could plug a power-strip into the home plug though?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

CX
Grafter

Another vote for the Solwise piggyback ones.