cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin routers

JamesM
Grafter

Belkin routers

Does anybody own a Belkin router with interleaving off, the reason I am asking is because I have interleaving off and this is what my router page says
ADSL 
  Type  Interleave Path
  Status  SHOWTIME
I have done a bit of googling and as I understand it next to "type" it should say "fast path" if interleaving is off. I don't know if this is correct or not.
I had interleaving turned off a few months back and my ping went down to 15, Last week interleaving was turned back on before I could say I didn't want it turning back on and my ping went to 25. Yeterday interleaving was turned off again and my ping has gone up to 35.
Thanks for reading
James.
3 REPLIES 3
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Belkin routers

Hi james,
I too have interleaving off, according to PN support. It is stil being reported as below I believe it must be a belkin glitch. PN can advise you directly if interleaving is on your line or not looking at their line details.
Podman
ADSL
  Type Interleave Path
  Status Show Time
  Downstream Upstream
  Data Rate (kbps) 6624 445
  Noise Margin (dB) 3.0 25.3
  Attenuation (dB) 42.3 26.0
  Output power(dbm) 19.5 12.4
JamesM
Grafter

Thamks podman,
It seems Belkin have cut a lot of corners on their recent routers, the hidden pages being the major one but maybe they will fix this in time with a firmware update. The routers though are spot on IMO with a lot of options for security and such.
I will wait until Monday then maybe find out if Interleaving is OFF or on AUTO, I am pretty sure the fauts dept said it was on AUTO.
amcclean
Rising Star

hi JamesM,
you don't need to wait until Monday Pn>n support are abble to look at your line at any time and tell if interleaving is on or off.
Also auto means it might not actually be off but rather your line is placed in a state where by it has been turned off but can came back on the instant any issue arrises hence the title auto. i am assured that it can be set to OFF / OFF and not OFF / AUTO
PN may be willing to do this depending on your stats this is what I was offered and as you can see interleaving is still recorded by belkin as on. it looks like with belkin depsite the useful features of the routers such a print server etc. we are to remain in the dark re our line stats.