Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin Surf N300 -ADSL broadband connection

nibbles
Dabbler

Belkin Surf N300 -ADSL broadband connection

Hi
I've bought a belkin Surfer N300 which is the second router modem I've bought and I seem to be getting the same problem where it can't connect to the internet (the light is always flashing).  After getting another router/modem I can't belive its a product issue.  One thing that is strange is that I had Fibre Optics before and that moden is still working fine (shoud it??)  Is there any reason why router modens won't work on the plusnet network?
Thanks
John
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Belkin Surf N300 -ADSL broadband connection

One thing that is strange is that I had Fibre Optics before and that moden is still working fine (shoud it??)
Yes, it's a VDSL/ADSL capable modem so I wouldn't be surprised to see it sync on an ADSL line.
Is there any reason why router modens won't work on the plusnet network?
No, I use a non plusnet supplied ADSL modem/router and it works fine.
You will need to enter your username/password in the appropriate place to enable a non PN router to connect. The connection settings are here :- http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml.
Hope that helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nibbles
Dabbler

thanks for the response.  Ok Why does the plusnet modem work but none of the other ones I've bought actually recognise the internet is there.  As I said the ready light just flashes red all the time.  One other thing I have found which I find hard to belive is that the bt broadband speed checker (some thread on here pointed to it) had my broadband down as 38MB.  Now I got that when I was on Fibre optics but I downgraded to ADSL.  Is it possbile that they haven't downgraded my broadband from FO to ADSL
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

HI nibbles,
I've looked at your line and you're still provisioned on Fibre, I've placed an order ot move you over to ADSL which will complete on 7th April.
You'll need to make sure you've configured your Belkin settings to connect with your PN details - http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/settings.shtml