cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for broadband | But cannot actually access it from either laptop or mobile!!

Apollo89x

Being charged for broadband | But cannot actually access it from either laptop or mobile!!

My mum has a subscription to PlusNet for Wireless broadband.

The account was setup in the name/billing-details of my dad, who died in April.
Once his bank account became inactive, thus the directdebit to plusnet was terminated, they wrote to my mum's home address saying she had to add her billing details to keep getting internet + they added a 'penalty charge' for the late payment.

I updated the account to now being in her name and billing-details, and so she's been charged all the money,
however it's been 3weeks now and yet the broadband still isn't working!

The route is setup correctly, however when I try accessing the internet via her laptop, even though it shows the connection is active & fine, when opening any browser it says ''You must login to the network before you can access this page''.
I click on that tab, and it takes me to a plusnet webpage where it says that 'plusnet is setting-up, can take upto 15mins... ect''.... 3-hours later and that spinning circle is still apparently 'setting-up'.

I have logged-in via the 192.xxx portal, and it shows the internet connection to broadband is active.
But I cannot access any internet sites, and whenever I try opening any browser it takes me to that page as mentioned above.

Also on her mobile phone, she cannot get online after connecting to Plusnet Wifi.

3 REPLIES 3
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Being charged for broadband | But cannot actually access it from either laptop or mobile!!

Hi Apollo98x

It would seem that the router cannot connect to Plusnet.

Have you tried resetting the router using a paper clip?

Instructions can be found at:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

If that does not work it would probably be better to contact Plusnet by Telephone to check that the account is properly setup.

My tip is to call at 3:00 / 3:30 in the afternoon as most call centres have fewer callers a that time of day.

Regards

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Being charged for broadband | But cannot actually access it from either laptop or mobile!!

Thanks for getting in touch @Apollo89x 

I'm sorry for your loss. Sad If you can drop me a PM with your mum's account username or full address or landline number I'll be happy to take a look into this for you

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Just in case @Apollo89x is not sure, a PM is a Private Message and can be sent by clicking on Gandalfs name (coloured purple in the left column).

This brings up an About Gandlaf page and a Private Message button on the right of the page.