cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being DDoSed

tonytoon

Being DDoSed

Hello,
I was contacted on Skype by someone who claims himself as a hacker and after being called many names, I discovered my connection dropped. Who was it? Him.
I am 95% sure I was DDoSed as my 70mb/s down speed dropped to 20 and my up speed was basically 0.
He stopped, called me many more names and threatens to continue dosing me because of my 'misleading online-games alias.'
I am not sure what to do now, suggestions?
(He uses a VPN, his real ip is masked.)
7 REPLIES 7
jslane
Grafter

Re: Being DDoSed

I don't think there's much you can do other than block and ignore him, unless plusnet are able to mitigate DDoS attacks for you. I doubt it unless you're on a business connection.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

One question I'd like to ask is, do you have a misleading online-games alias?
That's RPM to you!!
tonytoon

It's Ult1m4t3H4ck3r, i used to mod games. I've had that for a few years and never had any problems with it, except the occasional "why that name?"
DrDave
Grafter

Cool story bro!  Cheesy Crazy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you can track the IP address the DOS is coming from (assuming it's just 1 and his) then you can use an IP lookup site and report him to his ISP, there should be an abuse contact address for them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: tonytoon

(He uses a VPN, his real ip is masked.)

I'm sure if you contact his VPN provider, they will take action.
May help to copy any report from your routers log file and send that as evidence.
Wulfy
Grafter

Quick question, does the plusenet firewall (at plusnets end not a software firewall) allow for such things to be blocked?