Kimcopeland
Grafter

Re: Been without internet for over a week

Whatever the fullfibre 900 is, is what I expected to be installed today
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Kimcopeland Have actually ordered a Full Fibre upgrade? OK- thanks for confirming.

@Dan_the_Van  - it is a Full Fibre upgrade!

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

Yes it is fullfibre I was expecting. The 900mb one for 44.99. I'm currently on only unlimited fibre I believe?. Using dsl. I have the new router already however obviously it won't work, what I thought was maybe it was deactivated in anticipation of the upgrade, just a week early? I don't know how it would work so forgive me. I have spoke to my friends who are local and also Plusnet and theirs work fine.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

, what I thought was maybe it was deactivated in anticipation of the upgrade, just a week early?

was the full fibre install originally planned for that date by any chance ?

When a FF install is ordered, theres a corresponding  order placed on hold to cease the landline. This order is automatically released when Openreach mark the FF install as complete. They have been known to do that in error !!! Not saying that's what's happened here , because I don't have access to any account or order details, but it's a possibility ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kimcopeland
Grafter

The full fibre was planned for 2 months ago but never came until I contacted again in which they said the 27th is the date an engineer will come round.
Also I don't know if it helps but I can still use my landline to make and receive calls. Just the internet went about over a week before this date suddenly. I just assumed it was connected.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Also I don't know if it helps but I can still use my landline to make and receive calls. 

OK, so that's my theory of the erroneous cease 'out of the window'

We really need an experienced help team member to ascertain exactly what's going on..

If there's no response by tomorrow I'll try and give someone a 'nudge'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

I'll be following this with interest, but probably not say anything. 😃

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

Thankyou all of you.
Ive just been checking my open questions in account. And this is a message I receive this morning...

Dear Mr Copeland,

Greetings from PlusNet.

This is to inform you that a fault is open for the broadband. Once it gets completed, we will place the orders for you.

If you have any problems then please don't hesitate to contact us on:

Webchat: https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

Email: http://contactus.plus.net

Phone: 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

So as you can see the order for fullfibre was cancelled because of the fault.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
jab1
Legend

Dead helpful 'communication' from Plusnet - what fault - presumably on the FTTC product, and why does it prevent the FTTP install - as I think @MisterW has queried?

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

That's what I've had all week over the phone. Either they don't know what the fault is or they don't want to tell me 😭 I really don't know. I asked them today why It prevents the install and the guy on the phone, it may even be the guy who wrote that said that they are both connected. Full fibre won't work if there's an active fault.
Kimcopeland
Grafter

I just go round in circles whenever I call and not one person has gave me a definitive answer aside from the "it's turned off at the exchange" one
jab1
Legend

Fair enough.  Sorry I can't say what I think on this public forum, but 'they are treating you like a mushroom' will have to do.

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

Trust me it's taken every fibre of my being not to say worse over the phone 😭 if it wasn't for the fact my brother suffers from autism who insists we have Plusnet despite this fiasco driving him crazy then I would of left by now
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Kimcopeland 

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve. As it would help to give you a single point of contact I'm going to take ownership going forward. 

As I need to talk to Openreach I've been stuck in a long queue waiting to get through to someone so I'm going to come back to this a little later today and will get back to you with an update. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kimcopeland
Grafter

Thankyou Adam. I'd like to add I received an email again today to say it's been escalated and wait AGAIN until the 31st.