Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been without internet for over a week

Kimcopeland
Grafter

Re: Been without internet for over a week

Another update 😒

Thank you for your patience.

We have contacted our suppliers today and they have provided us with the below update:

As I checked the supplier has advised that This order is completed in open reach on the 02/08/2023. Please allow 48 working hours for the order to get completed in all the applications please review back 07/08/2023

We will be back in touch as soon as we have an update.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Says wait 48 hours but review back on Monday?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

OpenReach speak for 'frustrate the end user'.

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

openreach is the supplier I assume?

The emails are so cryptic for the average person, wait 48 hours "check back after 96 hours" and it says 48 hours for it to be completed? I assume that means 48 hours to fix? It's so frustrating

The fault isn't listed as NSC in the wizard either now it's listed as DCN
Mav
Fixes: 516

@jab1 wrote:

@RealAleMadrid re: the post above yours - weird first post?

Moderator's note(s):

I have removed that post as it was deemed to be from a potential spammer

It would be a nightmare to try to remove all references to that post here so apologies for leaving the rest as is.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

Yup OpeReach are the 'supplier' - no idea why PN use that term when we all or most - know that.

Who knows what it means, apart from OR playing fast and loose with their customer - Plusnet, and by extension, the end user - you.

I'm convinced they've raised the old 'GPO Telephones' management from the grave to run the business - this was their attitude back in the previous century.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

It's 48 'working' hours and it's 'after' the current day. Hence wait till after Thu & Fri. W/E isn't working ,no its by Mon.

That's Openreach for you!!

However it may well be complete in all systems before then , hopefully....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Cheers, @MisterW . The 'conventions' still remind of GPO Telephones, though. 😀

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

@jab1  why change something that works so well ( for Openreach!! )🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kimcopeland
Grafter

As per my message, I have contacted our suppliers today for an update on the cease and re-provide order. They have advised that is an issue with re-providing the service as your previous product is no longer available. As you are currently going through an update to fibre to the premises, I have asked them to place this order as the re-provide.

We should be receiving an update by 09/08/2023. I will place this ticket on hold until then so we can continue to monitor the progression of the fault and be back in touch to provide you with any further updates.

Unfortunately missed a call today and this was the message. Don't understand whether that means the upgrade to full is going ahead or what but we'll see
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jab1 wrote:

Yup OpeReach are the 'supplier' - no idea why PN use that term when we all or most - know that.

"Supplier" is sufficiently generic to cover either BT Openreach or BT Wholesale, who depending on the precise source of the issue will be the "supplier" being (one or the other and in some cases both) the failing party.

jab1
Legend

Good point, @Townman .

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

Waited all day for an "update" and still nothing
jab1
Legend

With the greatest sympathy, @Kimcopeland , I had the feeling that would happen, and suspect even if you did get an update, it would be to the effect 'wait another week, we can't be bothered with customers'.

John
Kimcopeland
Grafter

I thought the same as well 😭 I was hoping to be proved wrong but yes another waiting game. It's like it's just been forgotten about on their end yet again. And then if/when they contact it will be wait another week 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm losing the will to go on now
jab1
Legend

I'll  probably get my knuckles rapped (or worse) for saying this, but PN are now just another 'brand' in the BT stable, fully immersed in the attitude prevalent in that organisation, of 'sod the end-user, we'll proceed as we want', just as the attitude passed down from the days of GPO Telephones of old.

John