cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been disconnected for 4 weeks; originally reported line problem on 16 May!!!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Been disconnected for 4 weeks; originally reported line problem on 16 May!!!!

Sorry, from my personal experience of having had numerous BTOR engineer visits over the years, I can confirm that they are differently skilled.  Whilst all engineers have the skills to address phone line issues, not all I've had engineers were skilled in broadband abilities.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kvasir
Dabbler

Re: Been disconnected for 4 weeks; originally reported line problem on 16 May!!!!

Still disconnected.
It is now six weeks since we were first disconnected, and six months since we first reported the problem.
Have emailed the Plusnet CEO again, as well as a Who's Who of other folks which i am hoping will take an interest.
Local MP is next......
If this ever ends, will let y'all know: sure you are interested!
Crawf
kvasir
Dabbler

Still disconnected.
Another round of emails to the Plusnet CEO, and a yet more senior figure in the complaints team assigned to take a personal interest in the case.
The emerging claim is that the disconnection reflects delays on the part of BT Wholesale's Complex Fault team. The next step is for them to make a Tie Pair Modification.
Do folks on here agree that such a modification is likely to address the disconnection, and the original instability - could they have been caused by a failing port?
Crawf
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Crawf,
Given the lack of a clear suspect here, it is not possible for the community to answer your question.  Reading the whole thread again, the suggestions previously have been...
1. Damage OH wires from trees
2. HR on the circuits between the underground joint, DP9 and your property (was this 'fixed' by the change to the 1ohm circuit?)
3. An authentication problem (stuck PPP session?)
4. General static on the line
5. A multi-user cabling issue requiring non-available precision engineering
A TPM will change your ADSL connection within the exchange, but will have no impact in any issues with your circuit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.