cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays online banking

robinsonb5

Barclays online banking

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Barclays online banking via PlusNet at the moment?  The main site at Barclays.co.uk loads just fine but when I click "Log in" the login page loads ridiculously slowly, if at all.  I noticed this yesterday, tried several times during the day, and just assumed the site was down, but it's still like it today. 

I just put my phone in portable hotspot mode and connected through that instead (O2 network), and everything then works just fine, so it seems to be PlusNet related.  Am I the only one seeing this?

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Barclays online banking

Just tried and the login page comes up straight away when clicked on from the main website landing page (well the page about registering does)

I do have my PC configure to use Google DNS servers so I wonder if that maybe an issue if you are using the Plusnet DNS server?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

no problems here and that's with pnet dns, wouldn't touch google if you paid me Smiley

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

had the same issue  yesterday with logging onto my bank ,assumed it was my banks systems but when I phoned them up they advised me to try my smart phone found I had no issues logging in ,So it must be an issue with Plusnet network ,Although the issue seems to have cleared Hopefully

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@robinsonb5 - I use the Barclays app to log in. Very rare I use their website.

App seems fine. I suspect website is ok too.
robinsonb5

@hooverman wrote:

Although the issue seems to have cleared Hopefully

Yes, it seems to be working again for me now.  Thanks for the input. Smiley