Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth

jonnybennett
Grafter

Bandwidth

Hi,
  I recenctly used my 30gb usage allowance and noticed the massive speed drop so I decided to upgrade to 32gb yesterday but noticed that the speed didn't change.
I checked my overall usage on Plusnet and it stands at 30.48 so  I can't see what the problem is?

Any help appreciated.
Jon
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: Bandwidth

I suppose it could be a delay in the system somewhere which has failed to move you back to the full profile.
Presumably a happy Comms bod will be along shortly on their white steed to fix it.
James
Grafter

Hiya Jon,
Have you tried to reboot your router since adding your additional usage?
It shouldn't really be needed but it might help.
If it doesn't then I'll have a word with Dave when he g in at 12 (he can change the Ellacoya service offers and so on).
jonnybennett
Grafter

Hey,
  Didn't get chance to reboot the router until this evening.
I tried the reboot which didn't have any effect.
I also notice that when I view my usage on the plusnet website it still shows as 30gb when it should be 32gb?
hope this can be resolved soon. Thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: jonnybennett
Hi,
  I recenctly used my 30gb usage allowance and noticed the massive speed drop so I decided to upgrade to 32gb yesterday but noticed that the speed didn't change.

There's no upgrade request visible on your account. This is why VMBU still shows your included usage as 30GB and aslo explains why you're still restricted.
You've two options.
1.) Change from fixed to flex. This will lift the speed restriction and charge you ad-hoc at £1/additional GB. When you're next due to be billed you will be charged your usual 30GB subscription + the cost of any additional bandwidth you have used this month.
2.) Upgrade your included bandwidth to a higher amount e.g. 32GB. This will lift the speed restriction and you will be charged an extra £1.50 on your next billing date + £21.49 for another 32GB next month.
Hope that helps. You should be able to action either of the above via the website, however if you'd like me to do this for you then let me know.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵