cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banded

alexodwyer
Dabbler

Banded

I should start by saying I have an active support ticket open about this, but progress on it seems to be slow. So, I thought I would post here because people seem to get some better action from the forum...oddly.
Anyway, I have just moved home, I had PN ADSL in the old place and in the new, using the same equipment. So I was told my new line would be 5.5Mb which is...ok, not great by any measure. If I could hit that I would be happy.
So the problems started with my line being banded, I don't know why it was banded from the get go. Anyway, the banding was lifted and my sync speed went from 500 to 4800. My IP profile adjusted accordingly, but my download speed was incredibly slow, i think because the PN profile was still at 0.5mb. That was yesterday, now I get home and my sync speed is now around 1200 and I just checked and my IP profile which is the same, PN now report the line speed at 4.1Mb.
So Presumably PN have just caught up only for me to get banded...Again. This is just plain annoying.
So there's a few things I guess need to happen
1) Remove the banding
2) reset my profiles
3) Work out my root cause
Some questions too
1) If I switch to fibre will I still hit this issue?
2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, I would guess switching to virgin media cable would fix my woes.
I have no desire to spend the rest of the month sending emails and making calls with my fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Banded

Hi alexodwyer,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the speed of your connection.
I think the big question here is, what is causing the drop in sync speed/banding? If you've a support ticket with us, it will get seen to ASAP. If there is movement on your line, it really does need looking at so you've done the right thing. Have you connected your router into your Test Socket with an alternative microfilter?
I'm just trying to narrow down what could be causing these issues. It could be a line fault but it's a good idea to take any internal hardware or wiring out of the equation first. If you need any further support with this, please let me know, more than happy to help if I can Smiley