cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banded profile

randpwar
Grafter

Banded profile

I noticed the thread below and recognized similarities with my own setup. I used to get 5.5mb but have been stuck on 3.5 for months despite a seemingly stable line; can Mand or Rami take a look for me please?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85431.msg706056/boardseen.html#new
Kind Regards
Rob
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Banded profile

Hi Rob,
I'm just looking into this now for you. I'm running a few tests from here and checking your account. I'll come back to you on here ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the time and effort
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem,
After taking a detailed look at this I can tell that you are on the correct line profile for your synchronisation speed (the maximum speed available due to line conditions). At the moment this is 4462kbps, 3500 is the right profile for that.
This can be caused by a fault with our suppliers or a line issue but is more commonly down to internal issues with the line or equipment causing the sync speed to lower. To begin with I'd advise ruling out what you can within your premises,  i.e swapping the router, filters and cables if possible and connecting your router to BT test socket (if one is available) then checking your router stats or asking us to run a line test so see if anything has improved.
Beyond this if it is disproved as being caused by anything at your side we can get the issue raised with our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team