Bad pings on forgien servers

Cobra90
Grafter

Re: Bad pings on forgien servers

Thank youu  Crazy
Cobra90
Grafter

Hey guys, just thought i would reply back saying that this interleaving thing is going good...so far Smiley
My ping on that server i posted is (using cmdprompt) (min/max/avg) 57,58,63 Cheesy so a hell of a lot better!
and on my new multiplay server i have 18/27/22 Cheesy so yeah its brill Cheesy lol
but recently, i dunno where it is this or just the net in general, but 2day my net has been a little bit jumpy, like when i was on cod4, i would disconnect completely for about 10-30secs, and one time i actually came off of vent + xfire, and it happend again about 30mins ago? i dunno whether it is the interleaving, or if its just my dad using the net and not telling me Tongue but im gunna give it another chance Smiley
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi,
I was getting a sync rate of 7616 and an IP profile of 7000 which was brill. though of turning off the interleaving to get less latency as interleaving adds 20 to 40ms. but I got then intermittent connection which lowered my IP profile down to 4000 which was shocking lol (having seen 7000kbps)
switched it back on and now rebooting the router every 4 days to get the IP raised back to what it was  Wink 6000 kbps so far. I'm not a gamer so bandwidth is more important for me than lower ping time!
your router's error correction and detection plays a massive role in reducing latency and keeping the line steadily On. my router is 2wire from Ebay and its EOL is quite soon I guess lol
MickKi
Grafter

Quote from: Cobra90
. . . but recently, i dunno where it is this or just the net in general, but 2day my net has been a little bit jumpy, like when i was on cod4, i would disconnect completely for about 10-30secs, and one time i actually came off of vent + xfire, and it happend again about 30mins ago?

With Interleaving off there's no error correction.  That means packets can get lost.  If too many packets get lost then the BT exchange could resync the connection and if this happens too often you'll end up with a lower speed.  What do the router stats show?  Has there been a LOS or LOF?
MickKi
Grafter

Quote from: RamiDoodle
I was getting a sync rate of 7616 and an IP profile of 7000 which was brill.

Yep, it would be fantastic if you could because I would want some of it too!  Cheesy
A sync speed of 7616 (which is the max you can get with Interleaving switched on) would only get you an IP profile of 6500.  For an IP profile of 7000 you need a minimum syn speed of 7968kbps.  Sad
ramidoodle
Grafter

yup, I can't remember exactly what my sync rate was when the IP profile was 7000. btw it is now dropping back Sad might play a bit with the master socket lol never tried to remove the ring wire before so will trying getting out after goin to tesco for ciggs Cheesy
James
Grafter

Try using an iPlate instead Rami Smiley
Cobra90
Grafter

Quote from: MickKi
With Interleaving off there's no error correction.  That means packets can get lost.  If too many packets get lost then the BT exchange could resync the connection and if this happens too often you'll end up with a lower speed.  What do the router stats show?  Has there been a LOS or LOF?

How do i get my router stats up, and whats LOS/LOF? Cheesy ima bit of a nooby, but i am tryin to learn Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm guessing loss of sync and loss of frame... basically has the connection dropped at all. If the connection is dropped like that there's a possibility the line profile (speed) will be dropped by the exchange kit to stabilise the connection.
MickKi
Grafter

Quote from: Cobra90
[How do i get my router stats up, and whats LOS/LOF? Cheesy ima bit of a nooby, but i am tryin to learn Smiley

Have a look at this page.