cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience during upgrade to Fibre BB

M123Ak

Bad experience during upgrade to Fibre BB

Hi,
Owing to a slowdown of my standard broadband, I thought it would be a good idea to request an upgrade to unlimited fibre optic broadband. So I place my order about 2 weeks ago, confirming an engineer appointment on the 17th Feb between 1-6PM.
On the day, I was expecting the router, but no router, so I phoned up to figure out what was going on. After 15 minutes of waiting, I finally got through, only to be placed on hold - and at the same time, the dial tone is heard (customer service guy must have hung up on me). So I phoned up again, waited a further 12 minutes to get through. I ask where the router is, and a slightly more specific time for the engineer to arrive. I was told that unfortunately the router had not been ordered, and that there was no specific time for the engineer to arrive (it was about 2PM). So the guy said he'd place the order for the router which would arrive the next day, and to just wait around for the engineer, several confirmation texts and emails were sent.
So I did...I stayed indoors all day, until 6:30PM, when I phoned up Plusnet again (another 15 minutes waiting) to find out what was going on. After being passed around from department to department, they later realised that the entire order for the upgrade had not gone through at all, despite confirmations of an engineer appointment etc. I spent an entire day at home, wasting my time. I had an important business presentation the next day, and I took an entire day out to wait for the engineer. At this point, I was quite furious really. I asked the Plusnet Rep. to cancel the upgrade, as I was offered another date for the engineer to appear (or not appear), and I simply didn't have the time or patience to go through with it again.
We've been a Plusnet family for nearly 10 years now, and this was the worst level of customer service I'd ever experienced. I didn't get any concessions for time wasted, nor for the bad experience, I was just told to go through it all again.
I'm tempted to break off the remaining 7 month contract early and join someone else. Not happy.
12 REPLIES 12
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Bad experience during upgrade to Fibre BB

Hi M123Ak,
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you encountered when you tried to upgrade to Fibre.
I have had a look into this for you and it seemed that our systems did not place the order for your upgrade and this is why the engineer was unfortunately not booked.
I have created Ticket: 81649596 on your account. If you can have a read through this at your earliest convenience and get back to me to inform me how you wish to proceed then I can ensure this is sorted out for you.
buseng12
Grafter

Can anyone confirm whether my booked fibre upgrade for Monday (24th) PM is still on track please?
Certainly do not want to go through the same experience as the OP.
Nothing is showing in the order tracker in my member centre, not sure whether it should or not.
I haven't ordered a router as I already have a fibre enabled one.
Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@buseng12 - That's all booked in for you - I've just checked this on our suppliers systems.
Appointment: 24/02/2014 PM (between 1PM-6PM)
buseng12
Grafter

Thanks for the info, has put my mind at rest. As long as he turns that is!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@M123Ak
You should find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kwilson
Dabbler

Quote from: M123Ak
Hi,
Owing to a slowdown of my standard broadband, I thought it would be a good idea to request an upgrade to unlimited fibre optic broadband. So I place my order about 2 weeks ago, confirming an engineer appointment on the 17th Feb between 1-6PM.
On the day, I was expecting the router, but no router, so I phoned up to figure out what was going on. After 15 minutes of waiting, I finally got through, only to be placed on hold - and at the same time, the dial tone is heard (customer service guy must have hung up on me). So I phoned up again, waited a further 12 minutes to get through. I ask where the router is, and a slightly more specific time for the engineer to arrive. I was told that unfortunately the router had not been ordered, and that there was no specific time for the engineer to arrive (it was about 2PM). So the guy said he'd place the order for the router which would arrive the next day, and to just wait around for the engineer, several confirmation texts and emails were sent.
So I did...I stayed indoors all day, until 6:30PM, when I phoned up Plusnet again (another 15 minutes waiting) to find out what was going on. After being passed around from department to department, they later realised that the entire order for the upgrade had not gone through at all, despite confirmations of an engineer appointment etc. I spent an entire day at home, wasting my time. I had an important business presentation the next day, and I took an entire day out to wait for the engineer. At this point, I was quite furious really. I asked the Plusnet Rep. to cancel the upgrade, as I was offered another date for the engineer to appear (or not appear), and I simply didn't have the time or patience to go through with it again.
We've been a Plusnet family for nearly 10 years now, and this was the worst level of customer service I'd ever experienced. I didn't get any concessions for time wasted, nor for the bad experience, I was just told to go through it all again.
I'm tempted to break off the remaining 7 month contract early and join someone else. Not happy.

Great    Angry  Here I sit at the 6.30pm stage, day off and no engineer....! Good, honest broadband, just not FIBRE  Angry
kwilson
Dabbler

I've now been given the same excuse as M123Ak, the appointment didn't go through...!  Angry  Not happy either!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kwilson,
I'm really sorry to hear that your Fibre upgrade hasn't gone to plan.
I've had a look into your account and it seems that this was due to the transfer of your phone line to us being in place at the same time as the Fibre order. We now have 2 options:
1) We can wait for your phone transfer to complete and then re-submit the Fibre order for you and confirm the new installation date.
2) We can cancel the phone transfer order to prioritise the Fibre order and then re-place the phone transfer order once Fibre has been successfully installed.
The reason we can't do both is because there can only be 1 order (either phone or Fibre upgrade) going through in the systems at any given time.
I'm really sorry that this has happened. Please advise how you wish for us to proceed with this and I'll ensure this is rectified for you.
kwilson
Dabbler

Hi Linn
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I'll wait until the phone gets transferred on the 3/3/14 and then re-submit the fibre order and confirm the date. However, can you make sure I'm not being charged for fibre at the moment?
Keith
kwilson
Dabbler

Quote from: Linn
The reason we can't do both is because there can only be 1 order (either phone or Fibre upgrade) going through in the systems at any given time.

It might be a good idea to make that fact apparent when placing an order via the website. It could have saved a lot of hassle!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Keith.
Not a problem. I'll update your account to ensure that the fibre upgrade order is placed once the phone transfer completes and yes, I can confirm that you're not paying for Fibre yet.
We are aware of the issue of our system allowing both orders to be placed. This shouldn't happen and I will definitely pass the feedback on. I've updated the ticket on your account and placed this on hold until the phone transfer date. Once complete the Fibre team will place your upgrade order and confirm the installation date with you.
Again, really sorry this happened.
kwilson
Dabbler

So far this is being handled OK, so thanks to the Support Team for that.  Smiley
Keith