cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad download speed and also high pings in game

adeeli786

Bad download speed and also high pings in game

Hi,
I have just got this plusnet broadband getting +ve reviews from my friends and they been having good pings in game. Since i have it i only got pretty good ping around 25 first day other than that they'r always higher than 40+ mostly and the lowest it goes at nite is 35 thats it. and also any time if i do the speedtest the download comes as 1-1.5MB and time around 8pm it is lower than 1MB and u pload is like 0.25 or something.
Got this connection on 12th of this month, and looking forward to play games at lower pings back to around 20-25. this ping issues are same for all other games and mostly in game i lag too for few seconds connection interuppted and than after 2--5 seconds delay it gets back and something the pings jumps to 400+ for few seconds.
I have nothing runing at background and my pc is neat n clean no virus or no malwares etc.
Please let me know when/how to get better ping, only reason to move to plusnet was getting good pings in game, if thats not the case it is useless for me to stay! please let me know thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Bad download speed and also high pings in game

Please provide the information requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Bad download speed and also high pings in game

Hi,
I've checked and can see that you may not have the most appropriate package for gaming. You might benefit from giving the pro add-on a try. Please have a look at this page for more details about traffic management: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team