cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad day Saturday

79Artyblue1
Dabbler

Bad day Saturday

Can someone check my line a bad day Satuday had to reboot three times it did get better later in the day all lights were on at the router,no problem yesterday  and today my tablet had a exclamation on the wifi logo any ideas.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Bad day Saturday

There's some self help you can under take here...

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent.

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

79Artyblue1
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply  your instructions is a bit complicated for a elderly genteman like me all this tech is beyond me,anyway I have had no more trouble since that Saturday so it could have been anything.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi @79Artyblue1 Welcome. Whatever the cause of the issues you saw that Saturday, repeated rebooting on an ADSL connection is a bad idea. This could be seen by the exchange automated DLM as a dropping connection, and indeed should you already have such an issue or high error s for example, DLM could band (restrict) the speed or raise the Target SNRM with similar consequences - slower speed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

Age is no barrier to self help! Smiley

I've helped no end of still young at heart's to sort out broadband problems, so do not worry if we've got to take this in small steps.

Intermittent problems can come and go, the problem is that they often precede a total failure.  The quite line test is quite simple - just dial 17070 then choose option 2.  If you year buzzing or crackles, you have a noisy line - that needs to be fixed before we look at anything else.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

79Artyblue1
Dabbler

I did the 17070 line test and there were no crackling or buzzing on the line a sometimes the line drops and reconnects quickly this happens on average once a week