cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad bad bad experiece with PN

snobdr
Dabbler

Bad bad bad experiece with PN

With Pro you pay a little bit more for the best broadband experience. It's perfect if you demand fast downloads, no matter what time of day or what you're doing online.
I am currently on the "gamers" package with PN which promises the following promises
All traffic prioritised at all times
Low latency and pings
Reliable and stable connection
Access to our gaming servers
Up to 8Mb1 download speeds
Get a static IP and turn interleaving off if you need to
Well how come I have yet been able to play a game online without connection problems ?? Pings are usually 500 + and is usually the reason I am kicked from servers by Punk Buster - i am not a new member but havent been gaming recently due to the birth of our first child but now he's getting older I though i would dust off a few games and lo and behold exactly the same
I am currently wirless and have tried wired which gives only a very marginal improvement
Sometimes my d/l is lest than 500mbs and makes even watching a Youtube video impossible
I am not a tech head and not even sure if I have the dynamic IP address of interveaving switched off (this has been requested previously but wasnt done!)

Come on Plusnet get it sorted or I am off (oh and dont suggest a ticket as thats been done to death in the past)
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Bad bad bad experiece with PN

Looking through your posts this is a long running problem.
Can you download WinMTR http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/ and run a few checks to normal sites such as bbc.co.uk and as a comparison some of your gaming servers.
The reason for suggesting this is that it will hopefully identify where the horrible pings are starting.
Mark
Grafter

Re: Bad bad bad experiece with PN

As Jim says, WinMTR will help identify the cause of the problem. As your on the Pro product I reckon you've got some sort of fault affecting your connection. Whilst you'll get a huge amount of help and support here from the community, the only way we'll get this fixed properly, if it turns out to be nothing on your side, is to raise it to the support team by phone or ticket.
We'll work with you to get this identified and sorted.