cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the Future

iashton
Grafter

Re: Back to the Future

Thanks for all the replies. Perhaps I was being a bit jumpy but I can still remember the postings on the boards nearly two year ago when LLU unbundling and DSL MAX was introduced and I was enjoying a very stable connection.
My attenuation seems high ( 47db downline ) for my distance to the exchange ( 0.8Km) so it might be time to review my wiring and double check it at the master socket but I get the impression from here I should be OK.
I'm sure I remember the 1Mb/2Mb threshold being about 43/44db as there used to be complaints from customers who had their lines tested and were then downgraded. Now wondering just how much they'll be able to squeeze down that frail looking piece of copper which disappears underground just outside my front door.
The regrade is free of charge and there will be changes to your existing broadband account, contract or usage allowance.

I think this bit of the message has a typo - should read "no changes". So that's OK as well.
Thanks again.
Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: iashton
Just had the 'great news' below via a ticket. 

Quote from: Jameseh
But bear in mind, until we sent those emails in the last couple of weeks, it's been an opt in service.

[me=Waldo]confused[/me]
Are the customers involved being informed by ticket or email (or both)?
As one who has chosen not to opt in I might be one of those customers; as far as I can recall, the last time I raised a ticket was to switch from dial-up to broadband, That must have been several years ago and I haven't looked at any tickets since the process was completed (I'd have to rummage around the portal to find where to look...)
--
/W 
James
Grafter

Hi Waldo,
When we put a ticket on an account, it generates an email, so it's practically the same thing.
Also, we removed customers who had opted out of max from this list.  If you'd like to change your mind, please let me know!