cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW performance test (IP profile checker)

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BTW performance test (IP profile checker)

Hi WWWombat,
G.INP wasn't actually discussed as the sole purpose of the meet was to get a good idea of how the current DLM system works and what control CP's (Communication Providers) would like on DLM (based on how DLM works). There weren't any guarantees about what CP's would get but they were just early discussions about what we might like and want to see.
BT Openreach are going to start looking at a re-design of DLM as it doesn't really for 100% for FTTC so this has, at least, been realised. As you say, DLM takes a brunt of a lot of queries and complaints, but if more people knew how it worked and why, I think it would be much easier to understand why such actions are taken on such lines (I'll create documentation at some point in line with this).
I will be hopefully attending a follow-up meeting on this so I will have the opportunity to ask about G.INP availability and how this is getting with regards to the trials, but unfortunately, I've no further information on it at present, but I'll certainly ask the question.
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: BTW performance test (IP profile checker)

But some  will always see DLM as their enemy as there are always instances where it simply is far to restrictive and over-active, if there were a significant amount of errors being produced on my connection before DLM partially borked my connection again i would of noticed issues that are associated with a high error rate, I never have, in the 12mths I've had FTTC , i have BTW plenty of experience of what a connection with a high error rate is like to use, But i had the choice , to
A, tolerate the effects from the error rate
B. let the ISP try to mask the problem by doing what DLM does , when really the solution should be that BT openreach ,upgrade their line plant  to support xDSL  instead of using outdated infrastructure that was designed for telephony  many years ago, (the copper pair)