Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW Test no longer work

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BTW Test no longer work

Since my FTTC was activated (upgrade from ADSL2+ to FTTC) last Thursday morning. The BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test via Further Diagnostics with my telephone number input and kept getting same result page "Test Error The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider"
I had contact Plusnet tech support about it and they cannot getting any information by running a line test. They don't know why it isn't working. They say it should be working straight away after FTTC went live.

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BTW Test no longer work

Hi there,
I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. Line tests are working fine and just show that there's no speed test results for us to collect the data for in relation to your line.
I'd not worry about this as other speed testers should be fine for us to use for diagnostics or if a fault needs to be raised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

As I said before, it can take a few days for BT to update the checker for your line.
It took nearly 2 weeks for my line to appear on there!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

It's all down to BT Wholesale end as they no longer recognized my telephone number under further diagnostics in bt speed test. It's worked before on ADSL2+ but no longer work on FTTC.
@AndyH - that's for new phone line only. Nothing to do with FTTC.
AndyH
Grafter

No, it's for the BTw Further Diagnostics also.
Took I think 11 days for me to be able to run the Further Diagnostics on my line after FTTP was installed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Well, your is FTTP. Different from mine is FTTC. Your is only for post code, door number. But, mine is phone number only. It worked before on ADSL then ADSL2+ and no longer work on FTTC.
AndyH
Grafter

No, it's the same. They need to update the database to cross reference against your number.
digitalham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It could be a temporary glitch. I remember some years back trying to get the wretched thing to do the second test was often a matter of luck. When I first had PN a couple of months back it was with a brand new line as I'd been on cable yet the tester worked the first time I tried it - probably within a week. I've tried it twice today and it won't do the second part for me either now.
Update - third time today now it just sits an age then presumably times out and comes up with the speed from the test and..
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

I'm guessing that the DB server is down.