cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTW Redirect page

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

BTW Redirect page

Afternoon guys, Im getting redirected to some sort of redirect page when I tried accessing facebook (before, this was happening when i was trying to connect to google) from BT Wholesale. Anyone know why this is happening? Screenshot of page attached.
Cheers
14 REPLIES 14
houlton23
Grafter

Re: BTW Redirect page

Assuming this only happens on Facebook, This is probably left over from the maintenance last night and I would suggest you should clear your DNS and Browser Cache to clear the problem.
Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig /flushdns
Then restart your browser, and computer too if just the browser doesn't fix it.
Alex Smiley
penguin

Actually I've been having a similar issue. It seems to affect only certain websites. Often the way to clear it is to reset the router (resetting the sync with the exchange).
This happened a lot when we first joined PN, but it hasn't happened for a while. Then last week it came back with a vengeance. Any ideas on what might be causing this? (Flushing the DNS doesn't seem to have resolved the problem).
Thanks
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Quote from: houlton23
Assuming this only happens on Facebook, This is probably left over from the maintenance last night and I would suggest you should clear your DNS and Browser Cache to clear the problem.
Then restart your browser, and computer too if just the browser doesn't fix it.
Alex Smiley

You are a legend. Thank you so much!
@Penguin, Have you tried reporting it as a fault? Could be BTW not liking your IP address, so the resync sorting that.
Oxslow
Grafter

keep on gettting redirected to here http://62.6.38.125/index.html

Ever since the down time last week intermittently I keep on getting redirected here http://62.6.38.125/index.html Where it says about BT Wholesale having trouble connecting to my ISP. Do I need to raise a ticket and is anybody else still having problems?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Have a read above.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
penguin

It went away for a couple of days but it's happening now again. I think I'll file a fault and see what PN say.
It got so bad at one point that I couldn't even load the PN Usertool to identify which gateway we are connected to! Thank goodness I can VPN in to Uni!
Gosh a minute ago it was so poor I couldn't event VPN in- this is bad!
grhm
Dabbler

Yes, having the same problems here - been happening on and off for a week - resynched don't know how many times but keeps coming back.
Oxslow
Grafter

When I try this it does work but it is only a temp fix.
I think I am going to have to post a ticket.
Oxslow
Grafter

Great I can't even raise a ticket. The broadband fault checker is not working and it tells me to contact the support team.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
I'd suggest setting your DNS in the router manually, this has resolved that issue before.
Jojo Smiley
Oxslow
Grafter

Are these the right ones?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes,
Or you can use
Smiley
Oxslow
Grafter

I will stick to the ones I am using as that has fixed the problem for me. Thanks Jojo.
penguin

Yes my support ticket got updated saying to point to PN's DNS servers. It seems to have been behaving itself so far. Fingers crossed!
Ps I love how it's blamed on BT's OR modem and BT's DNS server !  Tongue