cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTOR Modem and Technicolor Router Combination?

discodisco

BTOR Modem and Technicolor Router Combination?

Hi.
I would like to find out some more information about how the BTOR Modem and the Technicolour Router Work...
In the past I have used an ASDL Modem/Router, with a network switch and wireless access points located around the office/home.
The Wireless Router provided by PlusNet seems to work well, although I've read mixed reviews about it's wireless performance, and would be keen on reducing the two boxes into just one Modem/Router/Wireless Access Point Combination.
Looking at the web-interface built into the technicolor router, would it be safe for me to assume my connection settings are stored within the router, and that there is no user-configurable settings within the BTOR's NGA ECI-CPE-Modems Type 1B?Huh
Are there any wireless routers which are suitable for connecting to FTTC solutions provided by PlusNet? - Can anyone recommend any specific models?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

D.
1 REPLY 1
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BTOR Modem and Technicolor Router Combination?

You can purchase all in one Modem Routers, I'm sure someone from within the Community would be able to point you in the right direction regarding this.
All connection settings in terms of username/passwords are all stored in the router we provide. The Modem you have is literally there for getting the connection from the Cabinet. Once you have this connection, the router looks to authenticate you with the details stored in it.