cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT1800HG - 2Wire Router problem

richl

BT1800HG - 2Wire Router problem

I have recently signed up with plus.net and got a wireless router with my package. However the router is not at all reliable when it comes to the wireless. If the router is powered off the wireless does not come on when it is powered back on, if I connect to the router via a wired connection it says that the wireless is on. After fiddling with settings eventally the wireless comes back on (the settings are always back to the same as previously). Then today the wireless cut out for no reason.
Is it just a bad router? Is it a bad model of router? Or could it be something else.
Would be most grateful for any ideas.
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: BT1800HG - 2Wire Router problem

The 1800 is actually a pretty solid router and I never had any problems with mine using Wireless.
I don't suppose you could unplug any of your cordless phones to see if this has an impact at all?
richl

Can do this evening, Smiley
Neil_A
Grafter

I use an HG1800 and think it's great. The phones in my house are DECT and I don't have problems with using wireless. I'd thoroughly recommend the 1800 as the interface is excellent.
richl

I have one BT DECT wireless phone which is positioned fairly close to the router (about 50cm). Will have a fiddle tonight with the router, previously I used a 3com router which was also fairly close to the same phone but never had any problems. BTW don't have the 3com router anymore before someone suggests checking if that works.
I'll try turning the phone off this evening and restarting the router see if that helps.
andyrogers
Grafter

Hi Richi
This sould like a similar problem that I had try look at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,60905.msg496116.html#msg496116
I ended up getting this resolved by contacting support@2wire.com who then pushed out the latest recommended firmware for this router and this cured my problems.
Hope this is of some help.
Regards
Andy
richl

Happened again this morning and made me late for work  Angry
Tried unplugging all my phones, didn't help. Had to keep changing settings and changing them back and after 15mins it started working again. 
andyrogers
Grafter

Richl
Did you try the method that I suggested?  Requesting a firmware upgrade from 2wire and upgrading to the latest recommended version?
Andy