cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to Plusnet

Pretender
Grafter

BT to Plusnet

sent in mac code now i have been checking what has been going on its saying on order tracking that there is a problem with the line, it said this last night but the internet worked today i try it and my internet has stopped i didnt think they would have people working on sundays now i have to use my iphone with no wi fi ,
my home hub can i use this for plus.net? i said no to the one that was offered wired with no wifi or the wireless where i have to put a network card in my computer to connect, so yes if i can use my home hub how?
do i need to download any software?
how long does it usually take to sort the line out?
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT to Plusnet

Have you tried putting the Plusnet username etc in your router
Pretender
Grafter

yeah ive tried putting it into the homehub page and in window both to no avail in the home hub it says authentication fail,the home hubs internet button is just flashing yellow
Mark
Grafter

Hi there
Most BT Home Hubs, that I know of, are locked to BT Retails network. Some, depending on the model number, can be unlocked. Further info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Home_Hub
I have no idea how BT view this or whether it breaches any T&C's with BT Retail so best to check prior to doing anything, or if not, do so at your own risk. Smiley
Failing that we could get one of our routers sent out if needed.
Mark