cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT switch to Plusnet - any ideas?

rodt

BT switch to Plusnet - any ideas?

Plusnet have taken my initial deposit but have yet to provide a router.
BT have cut off my broadband despite my still paying for it.
My home phone still works but BT say that is because Plusnet have taken it over.
Plusnet deny that they have taken over my home phone line.
Someone is not being entirely truthful with me. Have I made a huge mistake in switching providers after 34 years with BT/British Telecom?
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BT switch to Plusnet - any ideas?

If you have a Home Hub (2 to 5) you can use it with your Plusnet account details - instructions here. Means you don't have to wait for the PN router either.
If your Plusnet details work, then your account has been switched and you should claim a refund from BT for anything they have charged for after the switch.
If you check your Account Summary (login required) it should show the date your service started with PN.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi rodt,
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm pretty sure that neither ourselves or BT are providing you a service. I'll explain why:
We placed an order to migrate your broadband over to us. However, during the provision, BT completely ceased your phone line. This means it has been completely switched off at the exchange, and now nobody is in ownership of your services.
The standard practice would be for ourselves to turn it back on for the next day. However further to this, it appears that the option to recover the line plant was not selected as a stopped line is no longer evident at the property. Because of this we unfortunately need to arrange an installation for you. This is a bit of a kick in the teeth for ourselves as well as you, but I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused Sad
Ticket 93845087 is now with you whilst we await confirmation that you want to proceed with the order, as it'll have put a bit of a longer timescale on things. Let me know either on here, or on the ticket correspondence if you still want to proceed and I'll get the ball rolling.
Again, I'm sorry for the hassle.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rodt

I cannot get a straight answer to the simple question of when Plusnet can get my broadband working. The adverts suggest excellent service but that just is not the case.
I need access to emails for my work as a Parish Councillor and wildlife rescue volunteer as well as keeping in touch with friends and family so being cut off by BT "because Plusnet have taken over the telephone line" and Plusnet claiming they haven't is not helpful.
Plusnet were quick enough to take my deposit. Now either do something for the money or give it back TODAY.
I am not prepared to be messed about any longer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

This issue is already being dealt with here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133485.msg1167068.html#msg1167068
Might the threads be merged?
The situation is that BT independently of the transfer CEASED the line.  Under normal migration practises (user does not tell existing provider they are terminating service) this does not happen.
Looks like BT are being economical with the truth as in a MIGRATION process there is no CEASE order required.  However once a CEASE order has been placed by the EXISTING supplier, the acquiring supplier cannot place any order on that line until the cease order has completed.
Sorry, but this is a BT Retail instigated issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

threads merged