cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT say fibre is coming.

PitchBlack
Grafter

BT say fibre is coming.

Would any of the PN team be kind enough to check if my CAB is going to be enabled. I have just had this from BT.
Thanks for telling us that you're interested in superfast fibre broadband. We're really pleased to let you know that your local exchange, xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, has been added to our rollout plans.
The thing is, my local exchange has had fibre for over 9 months with no hope of getting my cab enabled. Is this just a case of BT trying to bull***t me with a reply to my sending them a request for my interest in fibre for my cab over 8 months ago, or is it just laziness by not giving a stuff and sending out a generic e-mail hoping I will go away ?
I do know the answer to this, but I am hoping they made a mistake and meant my local cab and not my local exchange  Wink
6 REPLIES 6
x47c
Grafter

Re: BT say fibre is coming.

They have been sending out umpteen of these emails today.
It did indeed ONLY refer to the local exchange
xreyuk
Grafter

BT used to send these to our old house as our exchange was enabled.
We're on a direct line into the exchange, so we can't get infinity at all.
Ignore it.
wncfc
Grafter

I had two of these emails yesterday.  The first one had xxxxxxx for the exchange!  The second one apologised and actually named my exchange (Kiveton).
The thing is when I check on the interactive map, as suggested in the email, the exchange is still down as NC (not currently in roll out plans).
Anyone any idea what they are playing at?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@PitchBlack and wncfc Pop your phone number into this and see if it gives you a planned date for FTTC at your cabinet: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
We're not provided any more information than what Openreach make publicly available.
wncfc
Grafter

Thanks - this is what it says:
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1.5 to 3.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 2.5 Up to 0.5 1.5 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
That suggests the same as the interactive map - not currently in plans.  Wonder what they are playing at sending the email out then.

wncfc
Grafter

They have now sent this:
We had a technical problem yesterday whilst using a new email system. The issue led to a number of people receiving inaccurate information about fibre.
Please ignore any emails you have received from Openreach in the past 24 hours and accept our apologies for the confusion this might have caused.
-----
It was nice to think it was going to happen for a while!!!!