Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT or Plusnet or LLU ?

bitz1
Grafter

BT or Plusnet or LLU ?

What now
BT sfi have been to my house 5 times now doing line tests over the last 7 weeks
2 engineers say there are no faults and 3 engineers say the line has a number of faults they seem to dig up the same hole outside my house over and over
then tell me everything is sorted till the next day the faults start again
i am only yards from the exchange and i believe plusnet are now setting my snr higher to compensate for noise on the line
everytime bt call they say they have not got the right test gear or it is old and not working properly
the last time the sfi engineer had to use my computer to test the router was synced as his was faulty and when i mention
the upstream keeps going negative db on snr upstream and point out the high atten on line of short distance
they say they dont understand jargon and are only interested that the line has synced and nothing else
its like banging your head on a brick wall trying to get this sorted
so if i live next to an exchange with a bad line is it up to plusnet to sort this with bt?
when i get bt openreach out they say the line speed has nothing to do with them they only check for sync and nothing else
plusnet have been saying there is a fault at my local exchange for 5 weeks now but dont seem to have the power to correct this
they dont seem to get this over to bt as they always say there is a fault on the line and wont do it untill the copper line is corrected
what a mess i only live yards from the exchange how hard can this be god helpme if i lived out in the sticks LOL
HOW DO I GET PLUSNET TO GET THE EXCHANGE SORTED IF THATS WHAT THEY SAY THE PROBLEM IS???
if this cannot be sorted at the exchange someone suggested going LLU unbundled at the exchange to bypass the exchange
but this would mean leaving plusnet of course which was my last option
Any ideas would be appreciated
7 REPLIES 7
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: BT or Plusnet or LLU ?

Hi there
What are your line stats from your router?
Plusnet do not set your snr , this is managed automatically by the equipment at exchange DLM (Dynamic Line Management)
What LLU providers are at your exchange, put your postcode in here at SamKnows
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bitz1
Grafter

Thanks
yes i should of said that plusnet got bt to increase snr db started at 3db then 6db now set at 9db
my router was synced at 17666 for a year without a problem
the problem seems that the upsteam snr goes negitive intermitantly
also i forgot to say the fault was constant disconections over weeks
the last image is after the fault the strange nummber is the snr going negitive which was confirmed by my other routers
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

From those figures everything looks fine
There is a little difference in sync rate from the to images but both give you an ip profile of 13000 = speed up to 13mb
A speed result of 11007 is fine for your sync

Are you suffering from any disconnects and drops in sync?
From the above looks like you line has been stable for at least 72 hrs
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bitz1
Grafter

The disconections are the problem for weeks now
plusnet say its the exchange as my post says ihave added another pic showing negitive snr db
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Before you had problems what was your "normal" sync rate ?
When you suffer from disconnects what sync rate do you get ?
How often does this happen?
Regards
Mike

bitz1
Grafter

my router was synced at 17666 for a year without a problem as above thanks
jim:quote
bitz1
Grafter

Just noticed my ping time now 76ms -146ms to bbc
normaly 29-40ms
also my throughput is all over again
and it looks like my upstream is gone again