cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT openreach Unreliable service

Fireant
Grafter

BT openreach Unreliable service

I was suppose to have fibre installed yesterday btween 1pm and 6pm and guess what They didn't arrive he rang at 5.30pm to say he wouldn't arrive so I had to make another appointment  if I hadn't been in would have been a different matter so if im not in when he suppose to arrive Monday then tough  on them and I wont bother with fibre . Angry
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BT openreach Unreliable service

Hi Fireant,
I'm really sorry to hear that BT Openreach were unable to attend on Friday - I'm glad that you've managed to re-arrange the appointment though. Fingers crossed that the revised installation date goes ahead.
RomanCat

Hi Fireant,
I also had a no-show from Openreach last Friday: we had no courtesy call and - in fact - the engineer later wrote on the system that he was unable to gain access... unfortunately for him we know this is a complete and verifiable untruth as (a) I took the morning (and then all day) off work in order to stay in for the visit (b) the door bell was checked before and after to be working and (c) the front door is glass and looks straight into the living room where I was... so even if he had walked past we would have seen him.  We have asked Plusnet to challenge the engineer by and raise this as a complaint.
Anyway... for what it's worth it looks like we are not alone and BT Openreach engineers are causing many others wasted days waiting and wasted weeks waiting for broadband set up.
Be sure to escalate it as a complaint if you think you are being messed around! Look online and there is a tsunami of frustration pointed at Openreach - they need to have their monopoly broken up and passed to another provider who is able to deliver the promised service.
Good luck,
RC
Fireant
Grafter

hi ive  just been onto plusnet as another appointment was for today and guess what they didn't arrive yet again so basically cancelled my fibre and im back to adsl and can leave anytime due to not been in contract as ive been told with sky you don't need a  engineer to visit property for fibre if you choose sky so could end up going with them as plusnet cannot get me fibre and the woman who I was talking to said would be next wed for another appointment I refused as had enough of bt openreach retards .
Sad
AndyH
Grafter

I think you're going to get your wrist slapped for the language.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Fireant,
I'm sorry that we've not been able to get you an earlier visit 😕
If you change your mind and would like us to book the engineer visit in, please let us know at your earliest convenience.
Fireant
Grafter

thanks but due to the fact of bt openreach incompetence I probably give it a miss due to thinking of moving to another provider if I have to stop with adsl but thanks again anyways
Fireant
Grafter

hi ive already had two appointments and not one was fulfilled and the earliest was a week tomorrow appointment and I refuse to wait another week and then doesn't say it would be installed due to crap openreach engineer no nowts