Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT is really frustrating me now!

sumitgood
Grafter

Re: BT is really frustrating me now!

Quote from: pierre_pierre
no good having a go at us, BT take up to three days to do the initial move and can take ten days, and no one can change that

Just so you know this is not a new connection, this is in fact a connection of many months old with plus.net and was in working order for months prior to the last weeks in which BT set my profiles lower due to a possible 'sudden' corruption in my telephone cables in the house, or a new (neighbor equipment?) additional interface effecting the  wiring of my living room.
Also my suggestion is that when I have made arrangements for BT  to change my IP Profile they have in many occasions through plus.net support however  on this occasion, even though I've rectified the issue and now sync at 7904kbps I am being told to wait '3 days' for the BT Profile to sync with my current line speed.
The way i see it right now and have experienced:
- If BT or Plus.net assume the problem is a line fault external to the customers internal wiring either at the exchange or between the exchange and the customers home, manually change the IP Profile at BT and then Plus.net once the change has been completed.
- If customer rectifies sync issue on his side, he must wait 3 days for IP profile to automatically change by DLM rule set, monitoring the stable line between 75 minutes  to 3 days.
The problem I have and why it is so ironic to me is that I can confirm an increase in sync rate and stability compared to the previous setup going through the extension wiring, so It is obvious that the problem is resolved and that all it takes now is a manual audit of the IP Profile at BT and Plus.net to resolve the problem indefinitely.
If nobody understands the above then I've obviously discovered a contradiction in the way ISP's operate and the way BT DLM operates and that it is IRONIC that I must suffer if I've fixed the problem!!!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I do and have experience, you are talking twaddle.  earlier this year I had a mysterious disconnect at 0400 in the morning, my PC was of and I was asleep.  My Sysnc was 8128 before and after. but my profile went from 7150 to 500. and I had to wait nearly three days and nobody could alter that
sumitgood
Grafter

So you're suggesting that nobody can alter the IP profile manualy? I guess you've been lied to.
I made arrangements with Plus.net  who personally phoned me on Sunday telling me they arranged with BT on my behalf to modify the ip profile to the maximum rate of 7000+ in which I was told it would be done within 5 hours and to call 5 hours later, in that phone call the guy told me on the lines of - Okay so we've got confirmation back from BT that they've lifted the low ip profile , and now just changing Plus.net's ip profile to match at 4000.
Unfortunately a day later the line had obviously gone through an unstable process and went back to 350kbps but it was FUN WHILE IT LASTED.
a couple months ago, my IP profile wasnt shifting and they had it manually lifted and I got over 7000kbps for weeks and weeks, once again all it took was a PHONE CALL! and 4 hours later plus.net rang me back "disconnect and reconnect"! and it changed immiedietly , i didn't have to wait '3 days' or any automatic process to kick in.
dick:quote
James
Grafter

We cannot, manually or automatically, update the IP Profile.
That is down to BT Wholesale.
sumitgood
Grafter

I wasn't implying that Plus.net  can manually or automatically update the IP profile but that communication from plus.net to BT would enable a manual change of the IP profile in the above situations.
Anyway my IP Profile has been stuck at BT Wholesale at 350 since Monday (more than 3 days)
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Update:
Still at 350kbps.

Phoned plus.net who has forwarded my ticket to faults explaining that there is a fault outside of my line in relationship to 'intermittent' disconnections one every 48 hours... preventing DLM from lifting the 350kbps IP Profile.
On tuesday plus.net left a reply to my ticket stating 'the connection has remained stable for 24 hours so the IP profile should increase again within the next 48 hours. We can ask for the profile to be amended if it fails to update automatically within this time.' so I'm kind of curious to when they'll be doing that?
I feel like nothing is being done, and I'll start dreaming about DLM and a torture chamber and it laughing while I'm being "throttled to death" sigh.
sumitgood
Grafter

finaly 6500 Kbps BT IP Profile
Download speedachieved during the test was - 289 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7904 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
Plus.net has set their internal profile to match the 6500 and all is working brilliantly after a reconnect of my router
Today 00:04 328 kbps (41kB/s) 377 kbps (47.1kB/s)
Today 14:33  5912 kbps (739kB/s) 378 kbps (47.3kB/s)  
Happy camper again, and can't wait for a higher sync of 7000+
itsme
Grafter

With a connection (sync) rate of 7904Kbps your IP profile will remain at 6500. To achieve an IP profile of 7000 your line need to sync between 7968 and 8096.
sumitgood
Grafter

that makes sense I see what you're saying , so in theory its technically possible but based on BT's profiles it isn't possible?  however the good news is the 6500 profile is perfect and working as per expected (700kb/sec+)
I can't fault plus.net for all these problems but fault the consequence of the way everything works, the way DLM acts up, the way telephone cables can act as a radio antenna in a ring in your living room picking up interference and so forth.
I'm expecting 21CN upgrade at my exchange at the end of the year let's see how that plays out.
Mand
Grafter

Re:BT is really frustrating me now!

Glad to hear things are sorted for you now. Smiley