Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT incompetence will result in PN Broadband cease

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Re: BT incompetence will result in PN Broadband cease

Quote from: Kelly
Just fyi, we received a cease notification from BT, which we automatically processed.  We've no way of making accounts immune to that because we didn't build that functionality.
It's not a big deal though, as it's not that hard to reactivate the account.   The fact that the cease has happened in BTs systems is the problem.

I think I see what you mean. If just the BB account had been cancelled, you would have been able to reactivate it, like hanging a star back up that someone had removed from the Christmas Tree.
Unfortunately by applying the cease to the whole line, BT effectively chopped the whole tree down so there's nowhere for you to hang the star on. So you have to go through the process of requesting BT to provide a new tree.
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Kelly
Just fyi, we received a cease notification from BT, which we automatically processed.  We've no way of making accounts immune to that because we didn't build that functionality.
It's not a big deal though, as it's not that hard to reactivate the account.   The fact that the cease has happened in BTs systems is the problem.

I can see the point of this. If the customer intentionally cancels the line and it results in the broadband being cut off, they'd not be impressed with Plusnet leaving the account exactly as it is an continuing to bill hem for a service they cannot use.
The previous PN policy of downgrading people to a dialup PAYG would however seem to be more appropriate (perhaps limited to one or two months) which would allow people a grace period to sort out email etc. That would mean the account wasn't immediately closed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mike,
Tried to call you a couple of times today but unfortunately there was no answer - left a message on your voicemail though. I hope we can talk soon and get this sorted out for you.
mikeb
Rising Star

Finally reconnected earlier this evening it would appear:

It even seems at quicky look at the recent stats like a strange issue that has existed ever since I was forced onto ASDL2 god knows how long ago might also have disappeared somewhere along the way  Undecided
Haven't got time to read all the ins and outs just now as I currently have several 1000 e-mails to go through to find anything of importance I might have missed while everything was down.  Not to mention more voicemails over the last couple of days than I've had in the last couple of years to deal with !
Thanks to whoever for doing whatever was necessary to get it sorted Smiley I'll catch up with gory details (and anything else there might be to address in the several pages that have appeared in the thread since I last looked) hopefully tomorrow night.

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue