Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT engineer

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT engineer

Plusnet said that the engineer would be doing work with cabling at exchange for my broadband nd phone.
The service shud be up nd running by 30th May. And no engineer visit required, hence that the bT copper cable coming from the ground needs to be connected to my telephone sockets with probably an External NTE as there are no master sockets in the house and that there are 2 normal sockets, one connects to the other.
Any ideas hopefully a Plusnet genie can help?
We are frustrated without BB and phone.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
20 REPLIES 20
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: BT engineer

Hi Jamie,
I've just taken a look at your house move progress and I can see that  we are now waiting for the exchange and cabling work to complete on 30/05/2013 before finding out the next stage. We'll keep you updated on the progress.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

So I'll assume that we will NOT be connected for 30th May.  Sad
The advisor on phone said it will all be complete on 30th June May and Internet would be up
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There's plenty of time until the 30th June  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Corrected to May
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Because i'm not connected to internet, i'm basically living of mobile 3G broadband which is slow!

Please get my Plusnet internet connection sorted please!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi JamieDanjoux,
I've just looked into this and the issue, sorry for the inconvenience, the issue is due to be fixed along with the cabling work on the 30th as part of the provisioning work.
I'm sorry if this has left you high and dry in the meantime, we will of course make sure you get a goodwill gesture when the issue has been fixed.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It's the 30th today, what's going to happen next?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It's the 30th today

You're not wrong Wink
In all seriousness work is still due to go ahead today I've just confirmed that and there's also an update on ticket 68597539 for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Just as I guessed, NO ENGINEER TURN UP!!!!
I am getting physically sick about this!!
Please get an engineer out ASAP!!
Best regards
Jamie
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Is it possible for me to leave Plusnet, because they are not providing a sufficient service I require?  And also it is before activation date so I shouldn't be charged to leave PN.
I feel quite isolated as you keep betraying me as you say something and don't abide to it.
Jamie
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't  forget that whichever CP/ISP you are with Openreach still have to do whatever work is required. So whilst Openreach have clearly let you (and Plusnet) down, what would you hope to gain? I suggest that in this situation you will gain nothing, and in fact will invite a whole load of other problems, IMHO of course.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Agreed, I'm sure that Plusnet are doing as much as any other CP would, it's entirely down to Openreach to get the job done.  It must be really frustrating but no other provider would be able to make things happen any quicker.  Cancelling one provider and moving to another may simply add to the delays.  You are, unfortunately, in the hands of what is effectively a monopoly that is not directly answerable to any end user.
Genuinely hope you get things moving soon.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Nyxanna
Grafter

The engineer works for BT and nobody else, not for Plusnet either. No matter what provider you would be with. They all rely on BT engineers except VM so you can stop blaming Plusnet. VM is the only other provider that have their own wires. There is no way at all to hold Plusnet responsible when they have to request information from BT to even answer your questions.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Is there anyway to contact OpenReach?
So I can make a formal complaint to their service NOT Plusnets service.